Scripted install on a fresh box doesn't work and leaves me at a Apache home page.

Jon Rawlins

Jan 27, 2020, 10:33:59 PM1/27/20
to Restya
Ubuntu 18.0.4 from scratch, no additional packages. went straight in and ran the install script. I chose nginx during the questions. The script finishes and I'm met with the default Apache home page when I go to the url.

Any idea where I can start to look at what didn't go right?

Restya

Jan 27, 2020, 11:33:08 PM1/27/20
to Restya
On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 9:03:59 AM UTC+5:30, Jon Rawlins wrote:
Ubuntu 18.0.4 from scratch, no additional packages. went straight in and ran the install script. I chose nginx during the questions. The script finishes and I'm met with the default Apache home page when I go to the url.

Any idea where I can start to look at what didn't go right?

Can you please attach your restyaboard_install.log file which is in the Restyaboard installation script file "restyaboard.sh" folder path.

Thanks,
Restya Support

Jon Rawlins

Feb 3, 2020, 3:23:43 AM2/3/20
to Restya
Here you go. I looked through it and nothing obvious popped out at me.
restyaboard_install.log

Restya

Feb 3, 2020, 7:02:47 AM2/3/20
to Restya

Please download the Restyaboard files from the link https://github.com/RestyaPlatform/board/releases/download/v0.6.8/board-v0.6.8.zip and paste the zip file in the Restyaboard folder path "/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard" and unzip the file and apply the permission to the Restyaboard fies by executing the below commands.

find /usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find /usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
chmod -R go+w "/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/media"
chmod -R go+w "/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/client/img"
chmod -R go+w "/usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/tmp/cache"
chmod +x /usr/share/nginx/html/restyaboard/server/php/shell/main.sh

echo "*/5 * * * * $dir/server/php/shell/main.sh > /dev/null 2> /dev/null" >> /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

After executing the above commands, login to the PostgreSQL and execute the below commands to create Restyaboard database,

DROP USER IF EXISTS restya;CREATE USER restya WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'hjVl2!rGd';
CREATE DATABASE restyaboard OWNER restya ENCODING 'UTF8' TEMPLATE template0;
CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS plpgsql WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;
COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural language';
psql -d restyaboard -f "$dir/sql/restyaboard_with_empty_data.sql" -U restya;

After executing the above commands, configure your Restyaboard URL in the "/etc/nginx/conf.d/restyaboard.conf" file at line 3 like https://github.com/RestyaPlatform/board/blob/dev/restyaboard.conf#L3 and restart the Nginx server by executing the command "service nginx restart".

After following above instructions, please load the Restyaboard URL in your browser and please tell us if the Restyaboard login page loading?