Building from git

Hans Persson

Oct 28, 2020, 9:56:06 AM10/28/20
to Restya
I'm currently running restyaboard 0.6.9. I'd like to apply a patch that fixes a bug that we've seen but apparently the code in the version-stamped packages of restyaboard is minimized so the file I want to patch isn't available.

Is there documentation somewhere about how to build the git source into a distribution package? I haven't been able to find any, but I may be looking in the wrong places.

Hans

R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

Oct 28, 2020, 10:14:36 AM10/28/20
to Restya
> I'm currently running restyaboard 0.6.9. I'd like to apply a patch that fixes a bug that we've seen but apparently the code in the version-stamped packages of restyaboard is minimized so the file I want to patch isn't available.

> Is there documentation somewhere about how to build the git source into a distribution package? I haven't been able to find any, but I may be looking in the wrong places.

We have a basic instruction in the README.

Hans Persson

Oct 29, 2020, 10:10:42 AM10/29/20
to Restya
To someone who doesn't already know how this works, that's a bit terse, to say the least. I've installed grunt and run npm install in the board directory. After that, "grunt build:live" returns this:

/root/restya/board/node_modules/chalk/source/index.js:106

...styles,

^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...

    at createScript (vm.js:56:10)

    at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:97:10)

    at Module._compile (module.js:549:28)

    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:586:10)

    at Module.load (module.js:494:32)

    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:453:12)

    at Function.Module._load (module.js:445:3)

    at Module.require (module.js:504:17)

    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)

    at Object.<anonymous> (/root/restya/board/node_modules/grunt-legacy-log-utils/index.js:12:13)

I originally tried this using the version of restya that git clone gives me, but switching to tag v0.6.9 in the repo makes no difference. Is there anything else that I need to do?

Restya

Oct 30, 2020, 11:31:25 AM10/30/20
to Restya
On Thursday, 29 October 2020 at 19:40:42 UTC+5:30 pinku...@gmail.com wrote:
To someone who doesn't already know how this works, that's a bit terse, to say the least. I've installed grunt and run npm install in the board directory. After that, "grunt build:live" returns this:

/root/restya/board/node_modules/chalk/source/index.js:106

...styles,

^^^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...

<snip>

Our sincere apologies. Unfortunately, the building process need some familiarity with the grunt and other setup. Error suggests that there may be some version differences.