OAuth Application and grant permission

Marco

May 1, 2020, 9:24:43 AM5/1/20
to Restya

Hi,

there is something that I do not understand about how Restyaboard and an external application can work together.

I want to use an external Win10 application to perform basic operations on the boards and I used Postman to test the communication with the API.

I registered the application in Restyabord and got a client_id and client_secret. With these I then opened

http://BOARD/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=ID&redirect_uri=URI/&scope=read write&state=STATE

and the user can then login, choose allow as option and the code was given back in the response.

With this code I can then successful perform operation through the API.

What I do not understand is how to add the Application to the Authorized OAuth Application in the user profile. This would avoid the need for the user to enter every time username and password to generate the code needed for the bearer.

The message “The app will be able to use your account until you disable it.” appears but in the list of OAuth Application there is nothing.

Did I understand wrong and the user has to login every time? Or do I need to change some settings as admin?

Thanks in advance for helping.

R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

May 1, 2020, 10:06:08 AM5/1/20
to Restya
Sorry, this is a bug. I have opened a ticket for this issue now https://github.com/RestyaPlatform/board/issues/4039

Marco

May 1, 2020, 2:26:34 PM5/1/20
to Restya
Hi and thanks for the very quick answer.

No need to say sorry, software developer here :-) Also let me use this chance to say thank you for your work.

Thanks again.

R. Rajesh Jeba Anbiah

May 1, 2020, 2:30:14 PM5/1/20
to Restya
On Friday, 1 May 2020 23:56:34 UTC+5:30, Marco wrote:
Hi and thanks for the very quick answer.

No need to say sorry, software developer here :-) Also let me use this chance to say thank you for your work.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Much appreciated.