Cocoa/iPhone development

1 view

Chris Ross

Jul 5, 2008, 7:16:36 PM7/5/08
to Reston CocoaHeads
Greetings. I was looking around for some expertise/resources with
Cocoa programming, and saw your group listed on the cocoaheads web
site.

I'm having some problems with an application I'm trying to build for/
in the iPhone SDK. I have the first segment of it working, but am
clearly missing a little in my understanding of the bindings and MVC
framework of Cocoa, in general. I wrote a Cocoa application some
years ago, but am definately a mere amateur at Cocoa dev.

If there's anyone actively watching this group that would be willing
to help, I would love to get some troubleshooting advice. I could
post my crash messages, etc, if anyone has the time to help.

Thanks! And assume I stay involved in this, I'll give this coming
week's gathering a try if it goes. :-)

- Chris

jharwig

Jul 6, 2008, 12:27:34 PM7/6/08
to Reston CocoaHeads
I would be happy to help, but unfortunately we can't have a public
discussion of anything in the iPhone SDK as it's under NDA.

Bindings and MVC are general enough that you could post the basics, or
just bring it in to the meeting on thursday and we can look at it.

Hopefully the NDA will be lifted Friday after the iPhone 3G is
released...

-jason

Jeff

Jul 7, 2008, 8:44:58 PM7/7/08
to Reston CocoaHeads
We're planning to have a general iPhone development presentation and
discussion in August, assuming the NDA is lifted by then. Please let
me know if there's anything particular you'd like to see covered and
I'll see if we can get it worked into the talk.

Chris Ross

Jul 10, 2008, 11:52:53 AM7/10/08
to reston-c...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I hope so too. I think I got around the binding problems I was
have, mostly by starting that section over from the template classes
Xcode provides, and then just being more careful as I assembled things.
And, I'm doing more programatically rather than trying to get as much
done in IB as possible.

Now I'm having issues trying to figure out keyboard details, and
subview, etc. But as you say, that's all iPhone. Maybe we can talk
about it tomorrow when they release the non-beta SDK.

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 17:44 -0700, Jeff wrote:
> We're planning to have a general iPhone development presentation and
> discussion in August, assuming the NDA is lifted by then. Please let
> me know if there's anything particular you'd like to see covered and
> I'll see if we can get it worked into the talk.

I'll do that. Thanks much. What problems I'm having now I'm solving
with sweat and trial-and-error, so they keep changing. :-)

Thanks all.

- Chris