Xcode 4 Pain and 0.9.1

Blake Watters

Mar 23, 2011, 11:00:20 PM3/23/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see if everyone is out of the woods on Xcode 4 installation and the Archive creation issue using the latest iteration of install instructions. If things seem to have settled down, I will move all the open tickets on 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 and merge the last couple of weeks work down to master and tag a release.

- Blake

Blake Watters
Two Toasters | CTO

Matt

Mar 23, 2011, 11:59:13 PM3/23/11
to RestKit
Hey Blake,

I switched over to the 0.9 branch and followed the XCode 4
instructions there and am happy to report that I can build my app.

Won't be able to check archive for a bit as I'm only experimenting
with RestKit at this stage.

Thanks very much for sorting this out.

Cheers,
Matt

On Mar 24, 4:00 pm, Blake Watters <bl...@twotoasters.com> wrote:
> I would like to see if everyone is out of the woods on Xcode 4 installation
> and the Archive creation issue using the latest iteration of install
> instructions. If things seem to have settled down, I will move all the open
> tickets on 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 and merge the last couple of weeks work down to
> master and tag a release.
>
> - Blake
>
>  *Blake Watters*

David Hopkinson

Mar 24, 2011, 4:13:18 AM3/24/11
to RestKit
Progress.

Morning Blake.

I have run through the instructions on the 0.9 branch (so as a sub
project rather than a workspace setup as discussed on the other
thread). And I can build for debug with no issue and I can also build
the archive. But the archive is not right? I can not distribute it?
Getting the does not contain a single bundle error: http://grab.by/9EG8

I have added the skip install as suggested in the xcode help but
having no joy. http://grab.by/9EGb

Thanks

David

On Mar 24, 3:00 am, Blake Watters <bl...@twotoasters.com> wrote:
> I would like to see if everyone is out of the woods on Xcode 4 installation
> and the Archive creation issue using the latest iteration of install
> instructions. If things seem to have settled down, I will move all the open
> tickets on 0.9.1 to 0.9.2 and merge the last couple of weeks work down to
> master and tag a release.
>
> - Blake
>
>  *Blake Watters*

David Hopkinson

Mar 24, 2011, 4:47:22 AM3/24/11
to RestKit
OK. I think I have the solution (though as I have not actually got any
code in the app to check yet who knows!) - I will do a proper test in
a moment.

I have changed the copy headers from the restkit target from absolute
path to products directory and everything builds ok now. I will add
the twitter code into the app now and make sure it is really working!

http://grab.by/9EGV

Thanks

David

On Mar 24, 8:13 am, David Hopkinson <david.hopkin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Progress.
>
> Morning Blake.
>
> I have run through the instructions on the 0.9 branch (so as a sub
> project rather than a workspace setup as discussed on the other
> thread). And I can build for debug with no issue and I can also build
> the archive. But the archive is not right? I can not distribute it?
> Getting the does not contain a single bundle error:http://grab.by/9EG8
>
> I have added the skip install as suggested in the xcode help but
> having no joy.http://grab.by/9EGb

David Steinberger

Mar 24, 2011, 5:43:50 AM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
I got stuck on the 'single bundle error'. Is this one also gone with the changed 'copy headers'?

If someone could describe the steps I can try to reproduce it on the unit-testing branch.

David Hopkinson

Mar 24, 2011, 5:53:05 AM3/24/11
to RestKit
I'm having weirdness with all this.

I seem to have to change it between Absolute Path for doing the debug
build (if I delete all the build directories it will not work unless
it is on Absolute Path). But do ensure the Archieve works correctly
(ie not multiple products error) I have to change it to Products
Directory.

I have built a complete enterprise distro and installed on an iPhone
(just copied all the twitter example in) and had no issues other than
the header file.

Odd.

David

On Mar 24, 9:43 am, David Steinberger <mail.steinber...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I got stuck on the 'single bundle error'. Is this one also gone with the
> changed 'copy headers'?
>
> If someone could describe the steps I can try to reproduce it on the
> unit-testing branch.

Blake Watters

Mar 24, 2011, 7:26:31 AM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com, David Hopkinson
Okay, interesting. My day at the office today looks pretty reasonable so I will pick back up on the Archive issue this morning and get it across the line. Smells like we are just one more tweak away.
Blake Watters

David Hopkinson

Mar 24, 2011, 8:25:03 AM3/24/11
to RestKit
David

All I have done is take the latest 0.9 version.

Updated the ResKit project to skip install for distribution and
release: http://grab.by/9ELR

Delete all build directories and you should be able to build. CMD+B

But if you try and do an archive build you will get errors.

Products directory and your archive should now build (and be able to
be distributed): http://grab.by/9ELX

All builds will now work but if you go and delete all the build
folders then try a standard build again it will fail. You need to
change the header destination back to Absolute Path.

This will get you working but is not ideal.

wrote:
> I got stuck on the 'single bundle error'. Is this one also gone with the
> changed 'copy headers'?
>
> If someone could describe the steps I can try to reproduce it on the
> unit-testing branch.

Blake Watters

Mar 24, 2011, 1:15:51 PM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com, David Hopkinson
Alrighty then, I've just spent the morning working through the intricacies of Archive builds for RestKit. You should now be able to do archive builds that include RestKit that Xcode will allow you to submit to the store. Basically this just took a whole bunch of fiddling and environment variable juggling to get working just right.

Please pull 0.9 and give it another whirl.
Blake Watters

David Steinberger

Mar 24, 2011, 2:05:20 PM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Blake, Could you do the same on unit-testing. Just asking because my app doesn't work with 0.9.
Anyway, will give it a try in the next 2h.

Blake Watters

Mar 24, 2011, 3:01:20 PM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com, David Steinberger
Merged. I am going to hustle to get XML and unit testing merge to 0.9 tonight.

dave84

Mar 24, 2011, 3:43:02 PM3/24/11
to RestKit
All, but the three20 header seem to work.

I got: <RestKit/Three20/Three20.h> <-- No such file or directory

dave84

Mar 24, 2011, 4:35:51 PM3/24/11
to RestKit
Blake, that was easy:

Could you add in the RestKit Target 'RestKitThree20'. All, but this
one are added --> Three20 doesn't get copied to build-dir.

So, I could archive. That's great!

But I cannot sign the archive, so can't create an ipa file. Any idea?

dave84

Mar 24, 2011, 4:43:52 PM3/24/11
to RestKit
K, even this was easy to fix now! All facing this issue:

Make sure that 'Skip Install' is set to 'No' in your app-target.

BR,
David

Blake Watters

Mar 24, 2011, 10:22:48 PM3/24/11
to res...@googlegroups.com, dave84
Dave -

I have updated the Three20 target to depend on the RestKit aggregate target and it now runs the copy headers rsync script after it builds to put the Three20 headers into place. It's updated on 0.9 and unit-testing.

- Blake
Blake Watters

Doron Katz

Nov 9, 2011, 5:04:41 AM11/9/11
to res...@googlegroups.com, dave84
OK guys, a tip. I just figured it out whilst having my grief period today with this archive thing. This is related to the post question i posed earlier today : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/restkit/skip-install/restkit/TQfVMJyvPV4/16jKhPVruQ0J.

After doing all the steps above and archiving and getting the error : does not contain a single-bundle application or contains multiple
you may in fact have either not done the steps above properly, or there is another static library you missed out on adding the flag install skip : YES or move copy header files to project from public/private. Go to the organizer-->archive screen of Xcode (image one)

you then select show in Finder. When in finder, right click and show contents

You can see above, some of the files that are packaged/archived up. If you see/recognise any other static libraries in the hierarchy somewhere, you can work out which one you have missed out. Obviously I don't have any others up there, but if i did, it would show in a sub-folder somewhere down there.

Gregory Combs

Nov 9, 2011, 9:46:44 AM11/9/11
to res...@googlegroups.com
Doran, this is a good find, I hadn't thought of that. Why don't you stick this in the Troubleshooting RestKit wiki on GitHub.

Doron Katz

Nov 11, 2011, 10:36:24 PM11/11/11
to res...@googlegroups.com