Problems Integrating a project using Linea barcode scanner libraries

Mike Silvers

Jul 10, 2012, 2:37:47 PM7/10/12
to res...@googlegroups.com
I am using iOS 5, xcode 4.3.3.  I have followed the great directions for integrating this project into my current project.  The directions I am using are these: https://github.com/RestKit/RestKit/wiki/Installing-RestKit-in-Xcode-4.x

In my project, I am using the library libdtdev.a provided by LineaPro for their barcode and card reader attachment for the iPhone and iPod touch.  It looks like there is a conflict with the audio files required for the libdtdev.a and the RestKit classes.  When I remove RestKit the build ends successfully.

Any ideas?

After following the installation directions, I attempted a build and received the following errors:

Ld /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app/MARSReader normal i386

    cd /Users/mike/Documents/xcode/MARSReader

    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6

    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin"

    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.1.sdk -L/Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Users/mike/Documents/xcode/MARSReader/MARSReader/LineaPro -F/Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Intermediates/MARSReader.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.build/Objects-normal/i386/MARSReader.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-arc -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=50100 -framework CFNetwork -framework CoreData -lxml2 -framework MobileCoreServices -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework SystemConfiguration /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/libRestKit.a -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework ExternalAccessory -ldtdev -o /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app/MARSReader

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:

  "_AudioSessionInitialize", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioComponentFindNext", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioComponentInstanceNew", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioUnitSetProperty", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioUnitInitialize", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioOutputUnitStart", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream audioInit] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioUnitRender", referenced from:

      _recordingCallback in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioOutputUnitStop", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream close] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_AudioSessionGetProperty", referenced from:

      -[AudioStream isHeadsetPluggedIn] in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVAudioPlayer", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MPMusicPlayerController", referenced from:

      objc-class-ref in libdtdev.a(AudioStream.o)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

GenerateDSYMFile /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app.dSYM /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app/MARSReader

    cd /Users/mike/Documents/xcode/MARSReader

    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin"

    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/dsymutil /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app/MARSReader -o /Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app.dSYM

error: unable to open executable '/Users/mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MARSReader-efgyixojnxhrrzacnxeihgfhgktc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MARSReader.app/MARSReader'

Jeffrey Lee

Aug 8, 2012, 11:21:01 AM8/8/12
to res...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue Mike?

RBarnes

Oct 23, 2014, 2:56:20 PM10/23/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if anyone will see this or care but just in case someone stumbles across this article from a search (like I did), here's the solution I found:

I encountered the same issue working with XC 6.1, targeting iOS 7.1, using Infinite Peripherals SDK 1.93.  I had to add Frameworks AudioToolbox, MediaPlayer, and AVFoundation.  Tech at IP indicated that they were working on adding bluetooth audio and thought this might be why these were required.

The really screwy thing is that using SDK 1.89, I did not encounter these link errors, only with SDK 1.93.  But, even more screwy:  With one project, I didn't need to include them for EITHER SDK.  But with another project, I did.  And the ONLY difference was the inclusion of the new SDK.  Both projects built with SDK 1.89 without errors.  One project would build with 1.93 without errors.  The other project required adding these frameworks.  I don't get it.  But adding them solved the issue.

Jeffrey Lee

Oct 31, 2014, 10:19:18 AM10/31/14
to res...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Rod. That's very helpful. I will be putting together a new application soon using the same set of tools and this will likely prove invaluable.

Best Regards,
Jeff Lee

Christopher McEwan

Jul 11, 2015, 11:18:30 AM7/11/15
to res...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to post to say thank you ! I have been tearing my hair out for the past 2 hours trying to figure out why it would not compile when both the Linea Pro SDK and the RestKit were used.

Thank you !

Chris.