Directx Runtime Error Windows 10

Saundra Balock

Jul 25, 2024, 10:28:42 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to RestKit

Some Valorant players may encounter the DirectX runtime error when playing the game. Why does this happen, and how to fix the DirectX runtime error on Windows 10? Well, this post from MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you the reason and corresponding methods.

If there is a DirectX runtime error in Valorant, you need to fix it. Otherwise, you will not be able to run your game. So, how to fix the DirectX runtime error in Valorant? There are three methods below. Scroll down to know the detail.

Riot Vanguard is an anti-cheat security software in Valorant, which is used to prevent interference from certain changes, including repairs. In this case, you should uninstall Riot Vanguard to fix the DirectX runtime error. how to do that? Here is a guide:

Apparently my dedicated server constantly restarts by itself. Version 1.4.6 - also, already checked if there are any files which need to be fixed but it seems like everything is fine. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I can not open a dedicated server. The application does not start a server, it never runs anything. On the launcher the lightswitch immediatly turns off after downloading the server supposedly. In the same manner, straight up running the dedicated server also does the same thing without a launcher, it immediatly closes. Please help me Im dying here.

It happens when I try to start the server. Got the same error just now following a different guide for installing / configuring steamcmd manually, so it looks like it might actually be an issue with that?

The Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime installs a number of runtime libraries from the legacy DirectX SDK for some games that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, and/or Managed DirectX 1.1. Note that this package does not modify the DirectX Runtime installed on your Windows OS in any way.

Hi this tool is awesome and I have got a server up and running for my friends, but I noticed that we still have a tethering distance. Is that just by default in the settings and we dont need to worry about it or is there a way to remove it completely? Thanks for the help

In our application we are experiencing crashes, freezes and this is complety random. i previously opened a thread to ask for help for this problem (Map crash runtime .Net 100.3 ), i was using runtime 100.3 and i hoped that in the next realese this would be fixed. I updated to runtime 100.4 but it still happens. i have two dump files that i could got when the application crashed

In Windows Event viewer i can see the following entry when the map crash. I updated the graphics drivers and i check that it support direct x. I am running the application in windows 10 but it also happen in windows 7

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue in the latest release. The information above indicates that the DirectX 'device' was suddenly lost and in this scenario the API failed to detect the loss and to recreate it to continue rendering (hence on the next geoview 'pulse' it encountered a problem).

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
0x887A0005
The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemovedReason.

Within ArcGIS Runtime we have code that detects these events and attempts to recover from them if possible or gracefully fail, but unfortunately in some situations we have not yet found a robust approach to detect all occurrences of this error.

The DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (DXEUDRI) is a software package developed by Microsoft that simplifies the installation of DirectX, a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming.The package consists of a collection of DirectX libraries and components required to run several graphical interfaces on Windows.The runtime includes support for a wide variety of hardware and software, including graphics cards, sound cards, and other hardware, as well as support for a range of programming languages and APIs.Includes DirectX 9.0, 10 and 11The main download of DirectX, dxwebsetup.exe will download all currently available versions of DirectX and its updates including DirectX 9.0, 9.0c, 10 and 11. This particular version was released in June 2010.After extracting the files in a directory, you can run DXSETUP.exe which will update a Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 system will all of the required libraries to run DirectX-compliant applications.Not all of these libraries are installed by default on Windows 10, so DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer application may be necessary.This web installer includes many of the fixes for errors encountered with older versions of the installation for a variety of graphics cards such as MSI, NVIDIA, AMD.Note about the installerDXEUDRI also automatically detects the hardware configuration of the user's PC and only downloads the components of DirectX that are needed for the optimal performance of their games.Features of DirectX Runtime

  • Audio: Spatial sound for immersive gaming experiences.
  • Compression: Improved compression of game data.
  • Developer Tools: Optimized tools for game developers.
  • DirectCompute: Support for GPGPU programming.
  • DirectX Raytracing: Cutting-edge raytracing capabilities.
  • Graphics: High-performance real-time 3D graphics.
  • Hardware Support: Enhanced support for modern hardware.
  • Multi-GPU: Support for multiple GPUs.
  • Multi-Threading: Improved multi-threaded performance.
  • Networking: Network gaming and real-time communication.
  • SDK: Robust Software Development Kit.
  • Security: Improved security features.
  • Shader Model: Enhanced support for shader models.
  • Video: Improved video playback and streaming.
Compatibility and LicenseDirectX Runtime is provided under a freeware license on Windows from components with no restrictions on usage. Download and installation of this PC software is free and 9.29.1974.1 is the latest version last time we checked.

To find the correct version i analyzed the error message. If the missing file is for example d3dx9_41.dll, it means that DirectX-9 version 41 is required. The list below shows the available DirextX-9 versions, the version can be found at the third column. This gives you a clue of what to search for, the keywords directx Mar2009 lead me to the microsoft download page.

The DirectX built into Windows 10 is compatible with DirectX 9, 10 and 11.
So you shouldn't try to install an older DirectX version manually at all. You can really screw up your Windows installation that way.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of programs (mainly old games) that try to install DirectX by themselves or test for the presence of a certain DirectX version in an incorrect way, which causes them to miss that DirectX is already present.

Sometimes it helps to run the installer in "compatibility mode" for XP-SP3.
In some other cases, you can force the installer to continue anyway and the game will just work despite the errors during the installation.
And sometimes you are just out of luck.

That is because you are trying to install DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime for Windows 2000 to XP SP1. Your link is the download page for this item, look for System requirements section below all items on Microsoft website (note it has the same id in the URL).
-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

On the Standalone installer, after you run it, it will ask you to specify a directory where the installation files should be extracted. Specify a directory and extract the files. In the extraction directory, run DXSETUP.exe, which will install all components of DirectX 9.0 / legacy DirectX SDK. I can confirm that the Standalone installer works and can be installed on Windows 10. I installed it just before I posted this answer.

This DirectX End-User Runtime does not change the version of DirectX, but does install a number of optional side-by-side technologies from the legacy DirectX SDK that are used by some older games. For a detailed explanation see

Not all components of DirectX 9.0c / legacy DirectX SDK are installed by default on modern Windows OSs (until Windows 11) even if DirectX 11 or 12 is already pre-installed, so you may still need to install the DirectX 9.0c June 2010 update for games that use DirectX 9 or earlier DirectX versions.

Hi all, after 3 days investigating I don't know that to do next with my game: Alice Madness Return. I have two laptops with Windows 10 and the game is working in older one, but not working in the newer one - there ends with error on launch - There is a problem with your game's setup. Please, reinstall your game (see the error attached). I own DVD version of Alice game. I was trying Origin stuffs, reinstall, NVIDIA adjustments, C++ redistributable stuffs, firewall and antivirus exceptions, EA chat, but nothing helped. I thought OS is the same so the game will be working on both HW, but there are maybe different setting what can stop the game running. I run following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Alice Madness Returns\Game\Alice2\Binaries\Win32\AliceMadnessReturns.exe (this runs an activation.exe and an EACoreServer.exe processes)

The disc installer should install everything appropriately without needing to be run in compatibility mode, but you could try uninstalling the game (again), and running the disc installer executable in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

You could also see if this game is affected by DirectPlay. Press the Win + R keys on your keyboard. In the Run window, type OptionalFeatures, then press the Enter key on your keyboard or click the OK button. This will bring up Windows Features; scroll down to Legacy Components and expand it (click the "+" symbol) and verify that DirectPlay is enabled. Also verify via the Display tab in the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag.exe) that DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration are enabled (under the heading DirectX Features).