Restfulie and rails

Bruno Oliveira

Apr 8, 2011, 4:34:02 PM4/8/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I was thinking about restfulie implementation (I'm still young in ruby). In nowadays we have some clients like httparty and rest-client to work with rest resources.

I believe that they are not restful, and have a lot of problems to understand hypermedia resources. Restfulie have capabilities to work with a lot of hypermedia resources like json and others, this is great.

The main problem is: when you don't need to work with rails. Restfulie brings to me all rails stack.

What do you think about decoupling restfulie-server from client? We could throw rails out in restfulie client with this refactoring :D

--
“Success is having to worry about every damn thing in the world, except money.” - Johnny Cash
-

Guilherme Silveira

Apr 9, 2011, 5:27:06 PM4/9/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com

Simple answer: yes.

Can you break them appart?

Bruno Oliveira

Apr 9, 2011, 7:04:23 PM4/9/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
Sure :D I'll create a branch in my github account! Thanks!

http://gitshelf.com

Rafael Mendonça França

Jul 24, 2011, 2:46:35 PM7/24/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

today I split the restfulie client to another project with help of Douglas Campos. You can find it on this repository https://github.com/caelum/restfulie-client.

I still have some work to do, so please send me feedbacks about it.

Guilherme Silveira

Jul 24, 2011, 5:54:48 PM7/24/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
Great job! Its an important step we should take. Sometimes its evil to add restfulie and a huge list of dependencies just because we want to do a get.

Can you also remove the dependencies and the code from the "restfulie" gem?

Regards

Guilherme Silveira
Caelum | Ensino e Inovação
http://www.caelum.com.br/

Douglas Campos

Jul 24, 2011, 5:56:56 PM7/24/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
On 7/24/11 6:54 PM, Guilherme Silveira wrote:
> Great job! Its an important step we should take. Sometimes its evil to
> add restfulie and a huge list of dependencies just because we want to do
> a get.
>
> Can you also remove the dependencies and the code from the "restfulie" gem?
I'm doing this already :)

Bruno Oliveira

Jul 24, 2011, 6:04:03 PM7/24/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
Ow great Job Rafael, thanks for your help!

--
"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively" - Dalai Lama XIV
-