RESTful JSON hyper-schema examples

Clay Loveless

Mar 1, 2011, 3:23:58 PM3/1/11
to restful-json
Hey folks,

I've been reading O'Reilly's "REST in Practice", and while I think
it's good overall conceptually, the XML examples are hard to get
through (considering the migration to JSON).

Does anyone know offhand of a good implementation of a RESTful service
implemented with JSON hyper-schema?

In particular, I think the book's discussion of specific content types
is really interesting, and I'm trying to dig deeper in to the best
implementation approach for something like:

However, I can't find anyone who's done this. I'm okay with breaking
new ground, but would rather follow established practices here if
there are any you guys know of.

Thanks,
Clay

--
Clay Loveless, Founder
Jexy | @jexyco

Dean Landolt

Mar 1, 2011, 4:52:22 PM3/1/11
to restfu...@googlegroups.com
One good source of inspiration for restful goodness is the pintura stack [2]. It's not so much a restful service as much as a framework for building restful services (using hyper-schema, no less). I probably safe to say pintura is the reference implementation for hyper-schema, so poke around at it, experiment with it and don't be shy about asking questions on the persevere list or in #persevere on freenode.