Hypermedia Hack Day Idea

Benjamin Young

Sep 4, 2015, 1:41:22 PM9/4/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com

I’ve added an idea for the upcoming REST Fest Hack Day to that page on the wiki:

https://github.com/RESTFest/2015-Greenville/wiki/Hack-Day#hypervideomedia-api

There’s also 3 other ideas we should consider.

Give them a look, and post your thoughts here!

We’ll get one picked in the coming week, so we can all start coding on the plane! ;)

See you all soon!

Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

mca

Sep 4, 2015, 1:49:32 PM9/4/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com
a hyper-video project? cool.

do we have any docs or arch plans on this yet? might be good to get those started before we show up?

also, would love to learn more about Arnaud's Swagger project and the Docker idea.

Everyone feel free to start a new wiki page just for your hack project ideas. people can contribute/comment, etc. all through the next two weeks.

cheers.

Benjamin Young

Sep 5, 2015, 5:08:07 PM9/5/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com

Great idea on the additional wiki pages per-idea.

I’ve added one for mine:

https://github.com/RESTFest/2015-Greenville/wiki/Hack-Day

Could use lots more work, but hopefully it’ll ignite more ideas from others. :)

If anyone else has one, or want to add to this one, feel free!

Arnaud Lauret

Sep 7, 2015, 5:41:56 PM9/7/15
to REST Fest
I've added a link to the wiki page to provide details about the "Hypermedia Swagger Hack Idea"

mca

Sep 7, 2015, 6:27:25 PM9/7/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com

mca

Sep 7, 2015, 6:57:12 PM9/7/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com

Benjamin Young

Sep 8, 2015, 1:24:46 AM9/8/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com

I like this Client Hackery idea, Mike! Very nice.

I like especially that it’s so broad and folks could bring their tools of preference and dive right in—it seems like a good way to get us to the Stack Day pitches. :)

There’s several other great ideas getting added to the Hack Day page on the wiki: https://github.com/RESTFest/2015-Greenville/wiki/Hack-Day

I tossed a few comments there. Feel free (all y’all) to do the same—and then tell this mailing list. ;)

Cheers!

Benjamin

Erik Mogensen

Sep 8, 2015, 4:12:06 AM9/8/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:24 AM Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com> wrote:

 I tossed a few comments there. Feel free (all y’all) to do the same—and then tell this mailing list. ;)

Done and done.

Basically the hypermedia workflow chess system would consist of

- a client aware of workflow systems (media type from the 2013 workflow hack day) and "making legal moves on boards" (does not exist yet, but Cameron Bytheway might have some code that could be used!). Several implementations of these would exist, some of which of course would be interactive, so humans would be playing the part.
- a server aware of workflows, possibly separate "queues". (not necessarily chess or even board-games, just the idea of moving items between workers and deciders.  Some people would need to build these too during the day.
- another client aware of chess games, and legal moves, deciding that a legal move was taken in a game, and if so, allowing the next move to be made.  Several implementations of these would be possible

The three could be coded on the hack day, by various teams, and in the end we'd have a working chess game playing hypermedia fest (and probably some checkers games), some interactive games, some smarter chess clients that actually try to play chess well, and some "pick a move at random".

--
-mogsie-

Erik Mogensen

Sep 9, 2015, 3:02:48 AM9/9/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:11 AM Erik Mogensen <er...@mogensoft.net> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:24 AM Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com> wrote:

 I tossed a few comments there. Feel free (all y’all) to do the same—and then tell this mailing list. ;)

Done and done.

I updated the hack-day proposal page with a link to a fleshed out version of the proposal, with  all its gory details:

--
-mogsie-