REST Fest 2015

Benjamin Young

Dec 9, 2014, 3:22:22 PM12/9/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

September 10 – 12th look to be the best available dates for REST Fest 2015.

We'd like to get your feedback on these dates to be sure we didn't miss anything obvious. ^_^ If we haven't, then we'll get Chris White to throw these on next years promo video, and get the word out!

Let us know if we overlooked something. :)

But do keep these under your hat until we get the video up if you don't mind. ;)

Cheers!
Benjamin
--
Co-Organizer

David Zülke

Dec 10, 2014, 12:20:38 PM12/10/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Damn, I have to do to a wedding that weekend. No REST Fest two years
in a row for me then :(

Erlend Hamnaberg

Dec 10, 2014, 2:55:13 PM12/10/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Crashes with javazone, so no restfest for me either :(

-E

darrel...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 3:04:53 PM12/10/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
I have no conflicts with that date.  No so far anyway 😊

Sent from Surface

mca

Dec 11, 2014, 3:01:41 PM12/11/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
just to mix it up here. does Sep 17-19 work any better for ppl?

Benjamin: did we have a conflict on the 17th weekend w/ something going on in Greenville?

Benjamin Young

Dec 11, 2014, 3:34:37 PM12/11/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Yeah…one rather big one (locally): Euphloria 2015

It's a big foodie even that draws quite a crowd and iirc shuts down streets for parts of the weekend.

We could certainly work to avoid them, but hotels and such might get booked early…but maybe we can win that race. ;)

Also (for reference), Strange Loop is the following weekend (25 & 26th).

This list looks relatively empty for that weekend:

Shall we move it? :)

Matthew Bishop

Dec 11, 2014, 3:36:41 PM12/11/14
to <rest-fest@googlegroups.com>

I'm all for api/food pairings.

--
Matthew Bishop
Senior Product Architect

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the designated addressee(s), and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately to inform us you are not the intended recipient and delete the email from your computer system.

Stuart Charlton

Dec 11, 2014, 3:54:48 PM12/11/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
I second this motion - now I'm blocking my September availability :)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone

David Zülke

Dec 11, 2014, 4:42:22 PM12/11/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
That frankly sound like a reason for, not against, that date!

Sent from my iPhone

darrel...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2014, 6:31:06 PM12/11/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
That time works for me too.

Sent from Surface

Erlend Hamnaberg

Dec 12, 2014, 3:59:47 AM12/12/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Agreed =)

-E

Benjamin Young

Dec 12, 2014, 8:39:52 AM12/12/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
K. Last call. :)

REST Fest 2015 to be scheduled for September 17 – 19th.

We plan to get these dates announced before the holidays (early next week, hopefully). We'll encourage folks to book rooms asap…just in case. :)

Sound good?

Laters,
Benjamin

mca

Dec 12, 2014, 4:04:55 PM12/12/14
to rest...@googlegroups.com
yep - i think 17-19 is a winner as long as we all know hotel reservations will be a challenge.

Benjamin: have you talk to any hotels to see how hard it would be to reserve that weekend?

Benjamin Young

Feb 3, 2015, 8:49:34 AM2/3/15
to rest...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just writing to confirm that we are on for September 17-19th in Greenville, SC!

I'll be working to make hotel finding as easy as possible, but I'd recommend hunting early. :)

We'll get a promo video up soon and let y'all know when it's available

Cheers!
Benjamin