RESTFest UK is just one week away!

mca

Jul 7, 2016, 12:46:09 PM7/7/16
to rest...@googlegroups.com
*** sent to both the UK attendee list and the global RESTFest list ***

RESTFest Edinburgh is just one week away! Here's the latest update.

ATTENDANCE TRACKING
We're still hovering around 20 people for RESTFest UK. Our goal for this first UK event was 25 and we're almost there. If you have some friends you think would enjoy the day, encourage them to sign up. This year will be a laid back introduction to Open Conference style events and everyone will have time to speak and listen in a very interactive and supportive space.

MORE PEOPLE PAGES!
We now have more than 10 people who have created their People Page -- excellent! And we need *more* of them. People Pages are the backbone of RESTFest -- they help us get to know each other and make connections. And that's an essential aspect of RESTFest.

Creating a People Page in the RESTFest Wiki only takes a few bits of information:
- Name
- Contact info (email, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Short Bio -- Just a sentence or two to help us get to know you.
- Talk Proposals -- at least one topic (title & description) to help us learn what you're passionate about.

You can layout your page any way you like. Check out some of the existing pages for ideas. Remember, at RESTFest *everyone talks and everyone listens*! That means we need to get to know you and your People Page is the best way to introduce yourself. Please update your People Page ASAP.

WE ARE TWEETING!
We started sending out tweets this week thanking sponsors and recognizing participants and their talks. Check it out here:

Of course, we'd love it if you'd RT the tweets from the @RESTFest account. Also feel free to post your own SocNet announcements using #RESTFest and/or @RESTFest.

BOARDGAMES NIGHT
Traditionally, Friday night is BoardGames Night at RESTFest. Bring your card games, tabletop games, anything you like and have some fun. If you plan to bring some games, add them to the Board Games page in the wiki.

HACKDAY UPDATE
The hackday this year is a wide open session. We have some suggested hack projects on the wiki page and are looking for more. Feel free to come ready to work on any project you have in mind. Add your project to the HackDay Landing Page and let's see what happens.

STACKDAY TUTORIAL OPPORTUNITIES
Friday StackDay -- a chance for you to show off your favorite library, tools, etc. We've got two sessions confirmed for StackDay so far and usually like to see at least five or more. If you're enjoying a library, tool, language, etc. feel free to add it to this page.

EXTENDED TALKS
Every year we like to give attendees the chance to deliver an extended talk (30 mins or so) instead of just the usual 5in5. If you'd like to deliver an Extended talk, be sure to indicate that on your profile page and we'll work as many into the schedule as we can.

Looking forward to seeing you in Edinburgh at RESTFest UK

The RESTFest Team:
- Ben Longden,
- Benjamin Young,
- Shelby Switzer,