Handle rate limits in RestAssured

Florian Knierim

Oct 28, 2021, 2:09:31 AM10/28/21
to REST assured
Hi everybody,

I have implemented a number of tests against one of our APIs. Now the number of requests has grown so much, that I manage to breach the rateLimit of the API. Is there any way to configure RestAssured to only send out a number of requests/min?

Thans in advance

Johan Haleby

Oct 28, 2021, 2:11:24 AM10/28/21
to rest-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

There's nothing built into REST Assured, but you could easily make use of an external rate-limiter such as Guava's RateLimiter which works well. You would need a "global" rate limiter instance that is shared between your tests.

Regards,
/Johan