New Relic || Rest Assured

Sanath zingade

Nov 30, 2023, 9:47:36 AM11/30/23
to REST assured
Hi all
Need : Add API Response time in Extent Report

I have a question that can we capture the new relic response time for an API by using rest assured and log in our reports[Extent Report]?

If yes what will be the code?

Michael Pinnegar

Nov 30, 2023, 5:34:12 PM11/30/23
to rest-a...@googlegroups.com
Rest-assure is about testing that if you send a server an HTTP request, that it returns an HTTP response with the correct attributes.

New Relic has an API where you can query it for whatever data you want. https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/apis/rest-api-v2/application-examples-v2/get-web-transaction-time-data-v2/

But that doesn't really have anything to do with rest assured. There are a bunch of different HTTP request libraries you can use out of the box to send requests to New Relic's API to fetch the data to build a report on transaction times.