How to get the value using model if the key has space in it

Allnvrgs1989

Feb 22, 2022, 6:48:52 AM2/22/22
to rest-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a response that looks like this ie. there is a space in the key
{ 'first name' : test }

So i created a response model class like shown below
Class ApiResponseModel {
Private String firstName;

//getters and setters
}

But when i am parsing the response, like
response.getBody().as(ApiResponseModel.class).getFirstName, i am getting a null value. So my question is, how can i get the 'first name' value using this approach?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Allen

Sent from my iPhone

Johan Haleby

Feb 22, 2022, 8:27:09 AM2/22/22
to rest-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

While you may get an answer here, I would suggest asking this question in some Jackson-related forum (I assume you're using jackson). I'm pretty sure there's an annotation that lets you specify the field name, but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Nava Kishore Dasari

Feb 23, 2022, 4:00:36 AM2/23/22
to rest-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
You can use jackson.annotation.JsonProperty
example:

public class User{

@JsonProperty("first name")
Private String firstName;