Minor fixes to XML examples in 0.5 beta spec

Simeon Warner

Feb 5, 2013, 6:26:08 PM2/5/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I just pulled the examples out of the spec and checked XML validity.
This showed a few typos that I have corrected in the version
online (http://www.openarchives.org/rs/0.5/resourcesync).

Cheers,
Simeon

1101c1101
< <span class="rs">length</span>=&quot;8876&quot;
---
1927c1927
< length=&quot;8876&quot;
---
> length=&quot;8876&quot;/&gt;
1994c1994
< length=&quot;56778&quot;/&gt;
---
> length=&quot;56778&quot;
2009c2009
< <span class="rs">type=&quot;image/tiff&quot;</span>&gt;
---

Martin Klein

Feb 5, 2013, 6:35:50 PM2/5/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simeon,

Thanks a lot for catching these mistakes!
I think the first one (line 1101) was correct though and is now
incorrect. The tag closes with the "type" attribute that follows the
"length" attribute.

Simeon Warner

Feb 6, 2013, 11:19:44 AM2/6/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Indeed, you are right. It was 3 steps forward and one back. I have fixed
this one again but also found and fixed another error (in example 2.6):

495c495
< &lt;rs:ln href=&quot;http://example.com/info-about-source.xml&quot;/&gt;
---
> &lt;rs:ln href=&quot;http://example.com/info-about-source.xml&quot;
1101c1101
< <span class="rs">length</span>=&quot;8876&quot;/&gt;
---

I have now set up tests to check all of the examples against schema. I
had to create a schema for our extensions because the updated
sitemap.xsd and siteindex.xsd have strict validation for extensions. The
schema is at:

http://www.openarchives.org/rs/0.5/resourcesync.xsd

and then each example can be validated with this and the appropriate one of

http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/sitemap.xsd
http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/siteindex.xsd

I also put up the chopped-out examples at

http://www.openarchives.org/rs/0.5/examples/

Cheers,
Simeon