H.265 MP4

mbuh...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2023, 5:32:51 PM4/24/23
to ResourceSpace
I noticed after uploading some MP4 encoded in h.265 that the video won't play but the audio will. Is there a way to force RS to play h.265 encoded videos, or we limited to h.264 at this time?

reidb...@gmail.com

May 6, 2023, 10:13:08 AM5/6/23
to ResourceSpace
Take a look in your config.default.php file at the $video_preview_original setting. That will force RS to attempt playing the original file without any preview/transcoding. If you browser supports playback, then it should work.

Marc

Apr 19, 2024, 12:23:54 PMApr 19
to ResourceSpace
Just an update for anyone else wondering why H.265 doesn't play: the H.265 is patented and expensive. No browser (as of this writing) will play H.265 natively which is why ResourceSpace won't preview them in browser.