Recommended training...

Beret Balestrieri Kohn

Mar 25, 2024, 9:12:45 AMMar 25
to ResourceSpace
Hello to the group members and I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere.

My institution has had ResourceSpace for about 2 years now, but after some changes, we are lacking a developer on staff to assist with the back end open source architecture.

We have a staff member in our IT department willing to immerse himself in the developer side but I am wondering what groups or training are available out there that might help support his endeavors.

My sincerest thanks to the group in advance for your replies and insight.

Beret

Dan Huby

Apr 30, 2024, 5:27:30 AMApr 30
to ResourceSpace
Hi Beret,

Sorry for the late reply. Can I ask - what are you hoping to achieve via the developer?

You don't need developer skills to install and maintain ResourceSpace, only to make changes to functionality, but that's relatively unusual for an organisation to do themselves mainly because ResourceSpace is so configurable. It should only be where you have some new and unusual (to DAM) requirement that development is needed.

The company I work for, Montala, are the folks behind ResourceSpace and we offer an On Premise support service and as part of that we can make sure the system is configured for your needs - see https://www.resourcespace.com/pricing?type=onprem - that also includes administrator (not developer) training and also support should you have any issues.

Dan