problem moving install and updating to 10.3

Colin P

May 9, 2024, 4:09:29 PMMay 9
to ResourceSpace
I had my host move the RS install to a new VPS and unfortunately, something did not transfer quite right. I decided to do a new install via SVN. After I did this, I logged into the server via FTP and saw that the SVN install had put everything in a 10.3 directory. This seemed odd, so I moved all of it to the root directory of the site. (This is how the old install was, which was 10.1, so I figured that's how this new one should be done.)

Once this was done, I got the install screen in the browser, put all the info in, and clicked Next (or whatever that button says). Next, I got an error. I checked the log and it says this:

2024-05-09 19:41:47 SQL_CACHE: /site-name.com/include/database_functions.php line 705: mkdir(): Permission denied

Permissions on that file are 775. Now, I can't load anything on the site. I just get a Sorry, an error has occurred message.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim Kirkpatrick

May 9, 2024, 9:13:33 PMMay 9
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I think what happened in your new install was the SVN command might have been incorrect.

My install is in a directory named resourcespace

svn co is checkout.
will install in /resourcespace/10.3

svn switch will upgrade one version to the next in the same place
will install v10.3 in /resourcespace over an existing version of ResourceSpace.

I’m not sure what to suggest you do but I think this explains what happened initially.

Jim

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.com

Colin P

May 13, 2024, 10:56:32 AMMay 13
to ResourceSpace
Thanks. Guess I need to brush up on my SVN commands. I've decided to re-install fresh into a new directory and start from there.