Search not working afetr upgrade from 7.x to 9.8

Mark

Jun 12, 2022, 11:40:36 PM6/12/22
to ResourceSpace
I've just gone through the upgrade process and everything seems to be fine except for the search functionality. When I search based on title or any other meta data no results are returned. Has there been a change to the search at some point and do I need to turn on an additional config setting or alternatively perform a reindex?

Any help greatly appreciated.

reidb...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 10:25:23 AM6/14/22
to ResourceSpace
Would definitely suggest a reindex. You can test reindex individual fields one at a time to quickly "check" that a reindex will fix the search. For example, reindex just the Keywords field then see if you can search keywords.

Mark

Jun 19, 2022, 9:50:38 PM6/19/22
to ResourceSpace
Thank you for the response. How do I go about reindexing fields?

I've followed the instructions in here https://www.resourcespace.com/knowledge-base/resourceadmin/indexing-metadata but I don't get a "re-index link" displayed.

Mark

Jun 19, 2022, 9:57:19 PM6/19/22
to ResourceSpace
Looks like navigating to this page has done the job! "/pages/tools/reindex.php"