OpenAI plug-in switch to GPT-4o

Jim Kirkpatrick

Jun 6, 2024, 2:12:45 PMJun 6
to ResourceSpace
OpenAI sent a note out this morning saying that gpt-4-vision-preview would be deprecated in December and should be replaced with gpt-4o.

Doing so seems to break the plugin as it no longer returns results. There are no obvious clues in a debug log.

resourcespace/plugins/config/config.php contains these lines:

// OpenAI key from https://openai.com/api/
$openai_gpt_api_key = "";
$openai_gpt_model = "gpt-4-vision-preview";
$openai_gpt_fallback_model = "gpt-3.5-turbo";

Changing $openai_gpt_model to gpt-4o doesn't seem to help.

Has anyone been able to make the switch?

Joseph Brooke

Jun 12, 2024, 10:52:09 AMJun 12
to ResourceSpace
Hi Jim,

We've made a fix in revision 24495 of the ResourceSpace software in Trunk to ensure gpt-4o works with image processing requests.

With this fix in place and by changing the API model to "gpt-4o" in the plugin settings I was able to get both text processing and image processing to work. Do you get any issues in your Trunk system?

Thanks,

Joseph

Jim Kirkpatrick

Jun 14, 2024, 1:58:10 PMJun 14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Joseph,

I’ve been away on vacation. I did an SVN Update today and am at revision 24558 which appears to be later than 24495. Changing the model to "gpt-4o” did not have the desired effect. GPT returned no data. When I put the model back to gpt-vision-preview GPT again gave us data.

Looking through the files that were updated, I don’t see any in plugins/openai_gtp

I’ll attach the list of updated files.

Jim

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.com

Joseph Brooke

Jun 19, 2024, 9:27:48 AMJun 19
to ResourceSpace
Hi Jim,

Is your system on the Trunk branch or a release like 10.3? I've only pushed the fix to Trunk for now, the change was in plugins/openai_gpt/include/openai_gpt_functions.php

Thanks,

Joseph

Jim Kirkpatrick

Jun 19, 2024, 9:36:27 AMJun 19
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I’m on release 10.3. Is there a good reason to be on the trunk in a production system? And how does one make that so?

Jim