RS10 preview tiling- only JPG?

arou...@umich.edu

Sep 28, 2022, 9:25:52 AM9/28/22
to ResourceSpace
We're running RS10 with $image_preview_zoom = true; $preview_tiles = true;
Tiling and zoomable preview work okay for jpgs, but this does not work for tifs or pngs.  The log shows that preview tiles are being created for a test tif, but we get a static, conventional preview image when viewing this resource.  Any thoughts?
Thanks.
-Adam

arou...@umich.edu

Feb 23, 2023, 6:17:46 PM2/23/23
to ResourceSpace
Hi all,
Has anyone managed to get preview zoom to work with tiffs or pngs?
Thanks.
-Adam

arou...@umich.edu

May 5, 2023, 5:39:03 PM5/5/23
to ResourceSpace
I have confirmed that tile jpgs are created in the filestore for my tiff uploads, but the view only displays a static image preview, with no option to enable zoom. I suppose something about the original file being a tif is disabling the zoom tile preview.  I looked at the area of view.php around hook('previewextras'), but I can't figure out what might be disabling display of tiles for tifs.  Any ideas? (tiled zoom works fine for jpg uploads).
Thanks.
-Adam

arou...@umich.edu

May 8, 2023, 4:07:44 PM5/8/23
to ResourceSpace
One line in view.php seemed to be the problem.  I replaced:
$zoom_image_path = get_resource_path($ref, true, $fulljpgsize, false, $resource['file_extension'], true, 1, $use_watermark);
with:
$zoom_image_path = get_resource_path($ref, true, $fulljpgsize, false, 'jpg', true, 1, $use_watermark);

and now tiled zoom is working on files that were uploaded as tiffs and pngs.

-Adam