Dash tiles not showing – really weird

Colin P

Jul 2, 2024, 1:13:23 PM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to ResourceSpace
I've never had this problem before. This is my 3rd or 4th time installing RS. I cannot get dash tiles to show. I have 3 created. At first, I had the permissions on them set to All Users. I could see them in: Admin > Default dash / all user tiles

But no tiles show on the dashboard/home page. In System > Configuration, I have 'Use the "Featured collections" page as the home page?' set to Yes. The home page URL is: /pages/collections_featured.php

I tried changing the permissions to show for 3 users groups only: general, admins, and super admins. The only thing that changed is I could no longer see them in Admin > Default dash / all user tiles. I tested with a General user account with no luck.

In the config file I have these set:
$home_dash = true;
$managed_home_dash = true;

Guessing there is something small that I've overlooked. Can any help please?

Colin P

Jul 3, 2024, 3:36:31 PM (23 hours ago) Jul 3
to ResourceSpace
Posting the solution in case anyone needs it.... I ended up turning off the 'Use the "Featured collections" page as the home page?' setting, and then changed the permissions to the user groups. This fixed the problem for some reason.