How can I delete all emptys collections? Directly from the MySql Table collection ?

ECIN

May 14, 2023, 1:05:02 PM5/14/23
to ResourceSpace
Hello,
One wrong configuration setting and I have about 5,000 empty collections in my database ;-)
This happens when guest sessions are created as collections. I noticed this after a few days.

What can I do to delete these from the database? Is it enough to remove them directly from the MySQL table "collection"? Or is that not enough?

I can't see the empty collections in the backend and I can't delete them.

Kevin Paxman

Jun 5, 2023, 8:03:12 AM6/5/23
to ResourceSpace
Hello ECIN

I have just discovered we have over 2 million entries in the collection table and is probably the reason our installation has slowed to a crawl!

What is the setting that prevents guest sessions being created as collections?

Did you figure out how to delete the unwanted collections?

Cheers

Kevin

ECIN

Jun 17, 2023, 5:55:25 AM6/17/23
to ResourceSpace
We have not deleted our collections, but I think you can simply delete the tables.

However, the following must be added to the config so that no further collections are created
$anonymous_user_session_collection=false;