Configured SimpleSAML with Azure AD successfully but redirects to resourcespace login page

Fahad

May 11, 2020, 3:42:27 AM5/11/20
to ResourceSpace
Hi,

ResourceSpace version 9.2 (nginx web server)

We set up SimpleSAML plugin to work with our Azure AD and it is working correctly (testing authentication returns attributes successfully). But the issue is when we login to microsoft and get redirected to our ResourceSpace website, it takes it back to the login page. No new user is created in the database either.

- I have tried turning CSRF off to see if that is the issue but nope.
- No errors in the log file

Any ideas and suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!

Andreu Martinez

Jul 2, 2024, 4:07:02 AM (2 days ago) Jul 2
to ResourceSpace
Hello everyone,

I've been dealing with this issue for a week now, and I was lost AF with this.

After looking how simpleSAMLphp works with resource space I have found the issue in my case. I will post the steps to resolve it here:

-- First I got ResourceSpace to save debug logs configuring the ResourceSpace config.php file adding this lines at the start of the file after the <?php:
$debug_log          = true;
$debug_log_location = "/var/log/resourcespace.log";

-- When enabeling this, I saw on the logs that every time that I tried to login with AzureAD account (entra ID) simpleSAML throwed this error:
2024-06-24 13:38:16 [authenticate.php] Reached authenticate page...
2024-06-24 13:38:16 simplesaml: WARNING: no username found, attempting to use NameID
2024-06-24 13:38:16 simplesaml: error - invalid fullname attribute: givenname. Please check your configuration

-- After trying various things, I went to the trial page of SimpleSAML where u can test your SP config, and I noticed that the user atributes where indicated as URLs. I modified the config from the SimpleSAML config page on ResourceSpace gui reflecting this urls for every atribute:
Capture.PNG

Have in mind I am using the special config for SimpleSAML included on the ResourceSpace config.php con include/config.php.

Hope someone finds this useful.

If you need support with OpenSource software or IT you can contact our company at https://www.otitservices.com/