Save button missing from Edit Collection page

Elijah

Apr 3, 2024, 4:53:04 PMApr 3
to ResourceSpace
I am missing the save button and am unable to save edits to a collection description for one collection in particular - all other collections' "edit collection" pages have a save button as expected. Has anyone else experienced this or found a workaround?

Frederick Yocum

Apr 12, 2024, 6:50:58 PMApr 12
to ResourceSpace
@Elijah,
We have not experienced that phenomenon. Questions which might help.Do you own the collection? If it is owned by someone else? Are they also missing the save button?

Elijah

Apr 17, 2024, 6:05:04 AMApr 17
to ResourceSpace
Thanks for the response. I recently inherited our ResourceSpace system from a predecessor who is no longer at my organization. I have an admin user account, and have experimented with assuming the user of many other internal accounts including the original collection owner. All seem to have this issue. Furthermore, I created a new collection with the same contents under my user - I was able to set a new description at the time of creation, but am once again prevented from saving further edits.

Frederick Yocum

Apr 17, 2024, 7:47:58 AMApr 17
to ResourceSpace
How very strange! Did you use the exact same description or a different one? Is it a public or private collection?

Elijah

Apr 18, 2024, 12:31:23 PMApr 18
to ResourceSpace
The new description varies slightly, reflecting several edits that were necessary when I first encountered the issue. The collection is public, but aggregates additional "in progress" items for those logged in with sufficient access. It is also based on a search query in order to automatically collect new items. The collection is > 30,000 items.

Elijah

Apr 18, 2024, 12:44:36 PMApr 18
to ResourceSpace
I will also note that I appear to be able to update the description via API - though this is not ideal for other internal users who might maintain the collection.