Upload Error : Version 9.7

Athar Jatoi

Nov 20, 2021, 8:53:15 PM11/20/21
to ResourceSpace
I installed, Version 9.7 on server running WHM/CPanel, I have PHP 7.4 and all necessary plugins installed, when I am trying to upload files, I am unable to do so, and I am getting below error.

Upload failed

 tus: unexpected response while uploading chunk, originated from request (method: POST, url: https://xxxxxxxx/pages/upload_batch.php/files/7f89067c-80a1-4ba1-a967-fff1762d2913, response code: 403, response text: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
, request id: n/a)

Athar Jatoi

Nov 24, 2021, 12:01:02 PM11/24/21
to ResourceSpace
Need urgent help with this, anyone can help?

Athar Jatoi

Nov 26, 2021, 5:52:42 PM11/26/21
to ResourceSpace
So I was able to fix the permission issue, now I am getting below error

tus: unexpected response while uploading chunk, originated from request (method: POST, url: https://YYY.YYYYY.com/pages/upload_batch.php/files/f3ce9900-add3-4a79-9a5b-cb46aad10e9b, response code: 410, response text: , request id: n/a)

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2021, 9:36:23 AM11/27/21
to ResourceSpace
Please try applying patch RS18723 from the trunk branch, restart the web server and let us know if that fixes the problem. The patch is attached here fro reference too.
rs18723.diff

Athar Jatoi

Nov 28, 2021, 12:02:13 AM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
Can you please provide a link to Patch RS18723? I downloaded 9.7 from provided here http://svn.resourcespace.com/svn/rs/releases/9.7/ as I was unable to find it on Github

Jeff Nova

Nov 28, 2021, 12:31:44 AM11/28/21
to resour...@googlegroups.com
You would need to convert your build to an SVN checkout and then upgrade to that revision using the Subversion application from the command line.  The patch referenced is not available any other way I know of. - J

--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.com

Jeff Nova

Nov 28, 2021, 12:33:44 AM11/28/21
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Actually you could manually change the code based on the file Reid sent you. - J

Athar Jatoi

Nov 28, 2021, 1:37:27 AM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
So when I download the file Reid send me, where do I copy paste the code?

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 9:56:39 AM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
This happens to just be an additive patch - so you can copy and paste the lines that have the "+" sign on the left (don't copy the plus sign) between the lines below in your pages/upload_batch.php file:

$response = $server->serve();
### PASTE HERE ###
$response->send();

Attached is a patched pages/upload_batch.php that you can replace in your install if that is easier. Just remember to backup/review/test. Also make sure you have the relevant php-apcu module installed and active on your system. Once the patch is in, restart and test!
Please post back if successful or not.
upload_batch.php

Athar Jatoi

Nov 28, 2021, 11:09:14 AM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
I uploaded the attached file in /pages/ folder and I am still getting the below error.

 ScreenShot2021-11-28 at 11.06.39@2x.png

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 11:20:47 AM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
Can you test with a file without spaces in the filename?

Athar Jatoi

Nov 28, 2021, 12:00:04 PM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
same error with no space.

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 3:26:52 PM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
Please confirm these:
- Do you have php-acpu installed and enable?
- Are you behind Cloudflare or any other kind of CDN/proxy?
- Double check permissions on your filestore that your webserver user can read and write

Athar Jatoi

Nov 28, 2021, 5:52:20 PM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
Please see below my installation check

ResourceSpace version
SVN

PHP version
7.3.33  (config: /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/etc/php.ini)
OK
MySQL version
5.5.5-10.3.32-MariaDB  (client-encoding: latin1) (database-encoding: latin1)
OK
GD version
bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
OK
PHP.INI value for 'memory_limit'
999M
OK
PHP.INI value for 'post_max_size'
999M
OK
PHP.INI value for 'upload_max_filesize'
999M
OK
Write access to /home/almamur/dam.almamur.com/include/../filestore
OK
Write access to filestore/system/slideshow_48af9e8114c2545
OK
Blocked browsing of 'filestore' directory (https://dam.yyyyy.com/filestore)
OK
Large file support (64 bit platform)
OK
ImageMagick
Version: ImageMagick 6.9.10-68 Q16 x86_64 2021-10-14 https://imagemagick.org
OK
FFmpeg
Not installed
Ghostscript
GPL Ghostscript 9.25 (2018-09-13)
OK
EXIF extension
OK
ExifTool
FAIL:
Unexpected output when executing -ver command. Output was ''.

PHP timezone is the same as the one MySQL uses
WARNING: PHP timezone is "UTC" and MySQL timezone is "EST"
Last scheduled task execution (days)
Never
WARNING
Relevance matching will not be effective and periodic e-mail reports will not be sent. Ensure batch/cron.php is executed at least once daily via a cron job or similar.
php-apcu
OK
php-curl
OK
php-gd
OK
php-xml
OK
php-mbstring
OK
php-intl
OK
php-json
OK
php-zip
OK
PHP extensions
Core PDO Phar Reflection SPL SimpleXML apcu bcmath cgi-fcgi ctype curl date dom enchant exif fileinfo filter ftp gd hash iconv imagick imap intl ionCube Loader json libxml mbstring mysqli mysqlnd openssl pcntl pcre pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite posix readline session soap sodium sqlite3 standard tidy tokenizer wddx xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter xsl zip zlib

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 6:02:26 PM11/28/21
to ResourceSpace
Install ExifTool and try uploading again. I'm running out of ideas but ExifTool needs to be installed.
Message has been deleted

Artem Lezhepekov

Nov 30, 2021, 10:23:32 AM11/30/21
to ResourceSpace
Have the same error.

My installation:

ResourceSpace version

SVN /releases/9.7 9.7 r18761

PHP version

7.4.26  (config: /home/cur/etc/php7.4/php.ini)

OK

MySQL version

5.5.5-10.3.31-MariaDB-0+deb10u1  (client-encoding: utf8) (database-encoding: utf8mb4)

OK

GD version

2.2.5

OK

PHP.INI value for 'memory_limit'

999M

OK

PHP.INI value for 'post_max_size'

999M

OK

PHP.INI value for 'upload_max_filesize'

999M

OK

Write access to /home/cur/public_html/filestore/

OK

Write access to filestore/system/slideshow

OK

Blocked browsing of 'filestore' directory (../filestore)

OK

Large file support (64 bit platform)

OK

ImageMagick

Version: ImageMagick 6.9.10-23 Q16 x86_64 20190101 https://imagemagick.org

OK

FFmpeg

ffmpeg version 4.1.8-0+deb10u1 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers

OK

Ghostscript

GPL Ghostscript 9.27 (2019-04-04)

OK

EXIF extension

OK

ExifTool

11.16

OK

PHP timezone is the same as the one MySQL uses

OK

Last scheduled task execution (days)

348

WARNING
Relevance matching will not be effective and periodic e-mail reports will not be sent. Ensure batch/cron.php is executed at least once daily via a cron job or similar.

php-apcu

OK

php-curl

OK

php-gd

OK

php-xml

OK

php-mbstring

OK

php-intl

OK

php-json

OK

php-zip

OK

PHP extensions

Core FFI PDO Phar Reflection SPL SimpleXML Zend OPcache apc apcu bcmath bz2 calendar cgi-fcgi ctype curl date dom exif fileinfo filter ftp gd gettext hash iconv igbinary imagick intl json libxml mbstring mysqli mysqlnd openssl pcntl pcre pdo_mysql posix readline redis session shmop sockets sodium standard sysvmsg sysvsem sysvshm tokenizer xml xmlreader xmlwriter xsl zip zlib

понедельник, 29 ноября 2021 г. в 02:02:26 UTC+3, reidb...@gmail.com:

Artem Lezhepekov

Nov 30, 2021, 11:07:02 AM11/30/21
to ResourceSpace
The problem seems to have disappeared after changing the execution mode from FCGId to FPM. But I'm not sure that was the problem.

вторник, 30 ноября 2021 г. в 18:23:32 UTC+3, Artem Lezhepekov:

Athar Jatoi

Dec 1, 2021, 12:25:25 AM12/1/21
to ResourceSpace
I am still having issues, is there a way I can provide login info to someone, so they look into it.

Warwick Barnes

Jan 4, 2022, 3:32:40 AM1/4/22
to ResourceSpace
I was having the same problem, though getting response code 404, rather than 410 or 403.

This URL doesn't strictly exist, but it's just intended to be a request to https://example.com/pages/upload_batch.php with a file parameter on the end. I'm using Nginx, and in the server configuration file I have a try_files line within the location block that handles PHP files:

location ~ \.php$ {
# ... [other things] ...

  try_files $uri =404;

# ... [more other things]...
}

This is generally handy for security, in making sure people aren't accessing non-existent PHP files on your system. However, to make this work I had to set up a duplicate location block just for upload_batch.php, which has the try_files statement commented out or deleted.

location ^~ /pages/upload_batch.php {
# ... [other things] ...

##  try_files $uri =404; # Comment this line out.

# ... [more other things]...
}

Then (after "sudo systemctl reload nginx"), it worked fine!

Athar Jatoi

May 22, 2022, 10:40:48 PM5/22/22
to ResourceSpace
I am not a developer, unless directions are step by step which I can follow. Can you please be more clear, or if you can fix it for me.