Permission denied for some resources

Adrian Giannini

Apr 23, 2024, 1:01:47 PMApr 23
to ResourceSpace
Hello all,

I am having an intermittent issue where some resources cannot be viewed by members of our General Users group even though other resources with the same access level (Open) can be viewed. I have noticed that the problematic resources have been uploaded manually, though not all resources uploaded manually have this problem (and none of the resources automatically ingested via the nightly task have this problem).

Things I have tried to do to fix it:

1) Made sure that the permissions for all the resource's files in the filestore are correct, and match other resources that can be viewed normally
2) Returned the resources to review and then published them again (returned them to Active state)
3) Switched them from Open access to Restricted, then back to Open again

Does anyone have any ideas about where to go from here, or what other settings or permissions I could look at? Also happy to provide more information if required (I'm running RS 10.3, revision 24212, on Ubuntu 22 with everything up to date).

Thanks,
Adrian