Search Not Finding Seagull in Pictures - Finds Opossum Fine

Jay Lepore

Nov 17, 2022, 11:39:40 PM11/17/22
to ResourceSpace
Hello,

I have version 9.6.  I am searching for a Seagull video.  The word seagull appears in the Title, the Original Filename, Keywords and even the comment.

Yet a search of "All" resources says "your search did not have any results"

However, if I search for opossum, the video comes up in the search just fine.

I have created a video for you to make the problem more obvious.
What sayeth the group?

Thanks.

Jay
CompuMatter

reidb...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2022, 10:20:33 AM11/21/22
to ResourceSpace
It sounds like overall indexing may be amiss.
Step 1) Check the set up metadata fields you care about, and make sure the that "Index this field" is checked.
Step 2) run pages/tools/reindex.php

Then try to search again. Specific to the filename field, depending on how you have partial indexing and stop words configured, "seagull-4" may not return. After reindexing, if that search still doesn't return, try editing to "seagull 4" (without hyphen) and see what happens.

f...@mcc.org

Nov 24, 2022, 11:35:22 AM11/24/22
to ResourceSpace
A puzzling problem. This may information may prove useful?

Jay Lepore

May 5, 2024, 11:13:50 PMMay 5
to 'f...@mcc.org' via ResourceSpace

Thank you for that follow up.

I've had so little feedback on this issue so I really appreciate it when someone weighs in.

I ran the previously unknown to me url of https://dam0.compumatter.biz/pages/tools/reindex.php

It finished in less than 1 second ie;

Reindex took 0.80237603187561 seconds

The problem still persisted. Still no seagull results or many others.  Some do work.  Others not.  Certainly any resources I have added after the updated are searchable.  Seems all or most previous to the update are not.

Double checked to ensure Metadata fields Title and Keywords were [x] Indexed and they were

Sincerely,

Jay
Jay Lepore
CompuMatter
Office: 360 299 2428 | Cell: 360 202 0434
If you are satisfied with your service, please consider providing us a social media review at https://compumatter.com/reviews
...If you are not, please let me know so I can make it better
--
ResourceSpace: Open Source Digital Asset Management
http://www.resourcespace.com

Jay Lepore

May 5, 2024, 11:36:08 PMMay 5
to 'f...@mcc.org' via ResourceSpace

OK, so this interesting

I tried your suggestion of editing the hyphen out of the name and the title.

I searched again and it found this record properly.

I figured that was a success.  So I went back in and edited the metadata again and put the hyphen back in just to see if it failed.

It didn't.  It searches normally now even with the seagull-4 in both places...