FFMpeg not working

Mark Gregory Davis

Oct 15, 2013, 2:42:51 PM10/15/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com

I ran installation check and everything came out ok including FFMpeg, but I cannot get ResourceSpace to handle videos correctly. When I upload a video, I get an "500 - Internal Server Error". The video is added as a resource, but only with a thumbnail generated and not with a video preview.

It's worth noting that I installed the most current static 64-bit version of FFMpeg and kept getting this error on installation check:
FAIL:
Unexpected output when executing "c:/ffmpeg/bin\ffmpeg.exe" -version command. Output was ''.

... so I downgraded to an earlier version and that fixed the installation check error, but did not apparently actually make ffmpeg work.

Anyone have any ideas?

My Resourcespace setup:

ResourceSpace version5.2.4478
ResourceSpace Build4478
Server platformMicrosoft-IIS/7.5
PHP version5.3.27
ExifTool version9.35
FFmpeg versionffmpeg version N-39494-g41a097a
ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick versionVersion: ImageMagick 6.8.6-8 2013-08-04 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
Browser user-agentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.69 Safari/537.36

James Mead

Dec 22, 2013, 1:45:06 AM12/22/13
to resour...@googlegroups.com
I too am having the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution to this?

David Kings

Jan 14, 2014, 7:25:43 PM1/14/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com, james.l...@gmail.com
Can I add my voice to this please. I've got the same error, has anyone got a fix?

Cheers
Dave

James Mead

Jan 27, 2014, 9:49:12 PM1/27/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com, james.l...@gmail.com
anybody?

Allison Stec

Jan 28, 2014, 9:33:25 AM1/28/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com, james.l...@gmail.com
A 500 error might have to do with a php timeout, but it's tough to tell.

When troubleshooting these supplemental packages (ffmpeg, imagemagick, etc.) it's always a good idea to try to use them from the command line. This take the resourcespace application out of the equation, and you may see some more informative error messages.

yral

Jun 21, 2014, 1:53:40 AM6/21/14
to resour...@googlegroups.com
Facing the same issue, try several alternatives RS 6.2 / RS 6.0 / RS SVN 5563 with FFMPEG 0.8 /0.7 with Version: ImageMagick 6.6.5-9 2010-11-15 Q16 under system check show ok but only creates the thumbnail no preview processing no preview file extracting from original file. permission are set as required to access the folder.