FAIL: should be 5 or greater

EZEQUIEL Lio

Jun 14, 2022, 2:15:26 PM6/14/22
to ResourceSpace
i just moved my resourcespace server to a new physical server.
I am having this error message.
even though the database is UTF8 on the server.

the error message is:

10.3.34-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1  (client-encoding: utf8mb4) (database-encoding: utf8)

eleo...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2022, 4:27:50 PM9/19/22
to ResourceSpace

I have this question several months ago and nobody knows anything about this.
i have MariaDB 10.3

Bill F

Sep 19, 2022, 4:34:40 PM9/19/22
to ResourceSpace
Did you move the database by SQL exporting it from old server and then SQL import it on new server or just copied the database over?
Message has been deleted

EZEQUIEL Lio

Sep 19, 2022, 8:22:48 PM9/19/22
to ResourceSpace

export the database from mysql and import it into mariaDB. this worries me now because I don't have the old mysql server anymore

Brian Irwin

Sep 20, 2022, 2:26:18 PM9/20/22
to ResourceSpace
Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar issue on Ubuntu 20.04 when migrating my database out of Amazon's RDS Aurora (MySQL) to a MariaDB installation.
I exported the SQL and imported it into the MariaDB database with no problems.

The error appeared when trying to load RS. (It also appeared in the installation check in setup)

I resolved it by updating the mariadb-client on my server, which puts a new mysql client binary in /usr/bin
I installed it with the following command: sudo apt-get install -y mariadb-client

Best Regards

eleo...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2022, 4:28:27 PM9/20/22
to ResourceSpace
unfortunately, this did not solve my problem.
anyway, thank you very much.!!!
I went further and upgraded my MariaDB to version 10.6
but anyway the message is there.
This started after updating to version 10.
everything was fine in version 9.8