[All] More info on awards

1 view

Jared Hasen-Klein

Mar 27, 2020, 5:08:08 PM3/27/20
to resou...@googlegroups.com
As I said in my last email, FIRST has been working on making decisions for how to handle awards for canceled events. You can read about how Dean's List and Woodie Flowers awards are being handled in my previous email.

Today, I'm writing to you with a few more very important updates:

Chairman's Award (FRC)
The Chairman's Award will be judged based on submitted essays for all suspended Regional and District events. We still don't know anything about Championship advancement, but we do know that there will still be Regional winners. It sounds like no further action is required, but that will be clarified in the FRC team blast which will be sent out later today.

Global Innovation Award (FLL)
The Global Innovation Award is moving forward. Teams who were nominated by their region should have already received submission instructions from FIRST. Once the 20 semifinalists are selected, they will be judged virtually, rather than in person. More information to follow.

Promote & Compass Awards (FTC)
These video submissions are now open to all FIRST Tech Challenge teams. See details in the Game Manual, Part 1. Materials must be submitted to FIRST HQ by April 10. Details on submissions can be found in the upcoming FTC team blast.

That's all for now, folks. Hopefully even more news soon. Stay positive, stay healthy!