A bit of a relaunch

Jared Hasen-Klein

Jan 6, 2022, 12:00:51 AM1/6/22
to resou...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

It's been a long time since I've written to you. In case you've forgotten, you are subscribed to email updates for my robotics resource hub which provides free resources for educational robotics programs.

In July 2020, I announced that I would no longer be maintaining the site for the foreseeable future. A lot has happened in the world since July 2020. I've decided that I'm now in a position to resume operations of the site, albeit at a limited scale.

What you'll notice immediately:
  • The homepage of the website, hub.jaredhk.com, has been redesigned to put all the resources on one page (no more clicking around to different competitions and games!).

  • (Almost) all old resources are still available.

  • Resources for the 2022 FRC game (which will be announced this Saturday) will be posted shortly.
What you won't notice:
  • Resources will not be as comprehensive as in the past. There are a lot of good content creators out there in the robotics community. Moving forward, I intend to focus on highlighting the best resources in the community and my decisions for what to develop will be based on where I find the biggest deficits and analytics (what does/doesn't get used historically).

  •  Resources for previous games won't be updated unless I hear about major issues from the community.

I'm really excited to share this news with you, and hope that I can continue to be a resource to you and your teams. I also do hope that you'll check out the site in the next few days, and let me know if you have any feedback. I'm doing my best to rapidly develop features and solve design bugs as I find them. This is the soft launch, and I won't be publicizing the site otherwise until the release of the FRC 2022 resources a few days from now.

Thanks for your continued support of the site!

All my best,
Jared

P.S. Have a friend who might want email updates? Have them send an email to resourcehu...@googlegroups.com.

P.P.S. Big thanks to friend-of-the-site, Lloyd, who I can always count on to make helpful suggestions. It's thanks to him that the buttons aren't all scrunched up together--among other things!