[FLL] News! Game sneak peak, new resource for virtual programming, and other updates

1 view

Jared Hasen-Klein

May 15, 2020, 12:27:36 PM5/15/20
to resou...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

FIRST issued some announcements at varying point this week about the upcoming season. We learned that FRC will be replaying with the same field and that, as usual, FLL partners will have a lot of discretion when planning for their season.

Many regions are expected to announce virtual or hybrid programs in the coming weeks and months. Most regions have not announced their plans yet, so keep in eye out. There is a rumor going around which multiple credible sources have confirmed to be that all events will be virtual for the upcoming season, but until we get official confirmation, the language in the guide will reflect it as an option.

Knowing that at least some of us will be dealing with a virtual season, I put together a brand new guide for coaching with remote meetings. It discusses how I would structure teams and meetings, some helpful tools, and answers to common questions.

Access the guide now at hub.jaredhk.com/virtual!

The plan is to keep adding to the guide, especially the frequently asked questions. If you send me questions you have after reading the guide, I'd be happy to do my best to answer them over email and update the guide accordingly. If you have other suggestions or tools, please let me know and I can add those to the guide, as well.

As we find out more from HQ and from individual partners, I expect the information will be updating considerably so keep an eye peeled. As always, but especially now, remember that the most current and accurate information comes from FIRST and your region's leadership - not from me.

Now on to the shinier news - sneak peak at next year's game! At 9:00 AM PT today, FIRST showed us a sneak peak of next year's game. Here are some early pieces of information:
  • There is a new challenge mat and mission model set for this year
  • The theme relates to sports, as expected with the unified "GAME CHANGES" theme
  • The name of the game is called FIRST RePLAY, and its sport themed
  • We got to see the mission models like last year on video, and FIRST also released a picture of the game board (attached).
  • We are on track for an August 4th release
  • In case you missed it, check out video here

Wishing you the best,
Jared
96860398_121987136165262_4421057086155128832_o.jpg