[All] Analytics/stats for nerds

1 view

Jared Hasen-Klein

Jan 7, 2020, 3:41:46 PM1/7/20
to resou...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I thought I'd share some statistics from the Resource Hub website from FRC Kickoff weekend 2020. For the purposes of this email, I'm defining Kickoff weekend as Friday (1/3) through Monday (1/6) since the game came out on Saturday.

Note that there is under counting which occurs when users have ad blockers and other extensions which prohibit data collection. So, all these numbers are conservative. Onward!

Saturday was the most popular day (unsurprisingly)

88% of users were brand new to the site (welcome!)

93% of users are English speakers
The most common non-English languages are Mandarin, Spanish, French, and Hebrew
The top ten countries users are from include U.S., Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, Israel, Australia, Turkey, France, Brazil, and Chile
Users came from a total of 27+ countries (some users have their location blocked)

38% of users come from iOS devices, followed by 28% from Android, 25% from Windows, 8% from MacOS, and more!

Most users visited the site one, two, or three days during the four day period.
97%+ of users visited the site at least twice (regardless of the number of days spanned)

55% of users typed the website URL directly into their browser.
37.7% of users found their way from social media (overwhelmingly from Facebook)

Of people who clicked links from websites, the most popular referrers are Facebook Messenger, Chief Delphi, and Google Classroom

97% of all traffic was for the 2020 FRC Game

The most popular resource was the Google Sheets Calculator, followed by the Google Forms Game Test, then the Use on Site Calculator (this makes sense, considering the order in which the resources were released)

The most frequently missed question on the game test is the qualification match ranking criteria (i.e. what determines who is ranked first, second, third, etc.). Study up!

The average score on the game test is 20.29/25. That's 81% - not bad for the first weekend!

Only three people have received 100% on the game test.

Lots of people wandered around on the site afterwards, looking at other years and programs. This was one of the major motivations for switching the format and making all the sites on one larger website last year. Mission accomplished!

153 users clicked non-functional/coming soon buttons. Maybe I should just hide them instead of saying coming soon?

That's all for now - though, I could go on like this for hours... Don't forget that FIRST Choice Round 2 closes tomorrow. See when that is in your timezone at hub.jaredhk.com/wheniskickoff. More resources at frc20.jaredhk.com.

For now,
Jared