[All] Watch FIRST on ABC's black-ish!

Jared Hasen-Klein

Feb 21, 2020, 7:04:51 PM2/21/20
to resou...@googlegroups.com
Hype hype hype! Have you heard? FIRST teams will once again* be featured on a major television show!

This Tuesday (February 25th), FIRST teams will be featured on a new episode of ABC's "black-ish!" Tune in or set your DVR for 9:30 pm ET on ABC. Dean Kamen is even going to make an appearance.

Several FRC teams from Southern California will be featured on the show. You might even see some FRC or FTC robots. I know lots of people who worked closely on this project and I can't wait till we get to see the results.

A huge shout out to Eileen Kahn and Amanda Sullivan, plus all the students and mentors who made this happen. Eileen and Amanda are the type of people who go unnoticed in FIRST and shy away from recognition (in fact, I might get busted for singing their praises on the internet...worth the risk). There are countless people like the two of them in FIRST who do all the behind-the-scenes work to make the trains run on time. When they are doing their jobs well, you don't even know they exist. Next time you are at a FIRST event, be sure to thank the random volunteers you see, even if you don't know what they do. Better yet, ask :) As someone who has recruited volunteers for events before, "it takes a village" is an understatement. A thank you can go a long way for someone who is compensated with a t-shirt and mediocre coffee and pizza.

Okay, rant over.

Tune in this Tuesday! #FIRSTonblackish

*Again?! Yep, FIRST was on Freeform (ABC Family)'s "The Fosters" a little while back. Same group of dedicated people behind the scenes making it all happen.