Problem with resource_controller-10.0.0

Eric Anderson

Mar 31, 2009, 11:03:45 PM3/31/09
to resource_controller
The gem for this software has a symlink under test/vendor/gems called
resource_controller-10.0.0. The problem that I am running into is when
I unpack the gem it is no longer a symlink. Instead it appears to be a
file with the path linked to as the contents and the permissions are
000. The permissions here are my problem. It is causing some software
to think that I cannot read the file and therefore throws an error.
Specifically I am trying to deploy an app on Heroku that uses
resource_controller. I'm not completely sure what heroku is trying to
do to this file (probably trying to copy it to a deployment location)
but the lack of permission is causing an error.

I have a work-around of unpacking the gem before uploading to heroku,
then deleting this "file" then do my deployment. But I hate for
resource_controller to be such a special case. Is there anyway we can
either:

a) Preserve this symlink as a symlink with normal permissions when
unpacked.
b) Not include this file in the gem

By the way, love the software. Been a fan of MakeResourceful for a
while and this little gem seems to smooth out many of the rough edges
I had with m_r.

Eric