java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Sebastian

Jan 14, 2010, 4:36:24 PM1/14/10
to ResearchAssistant
Hi all,

happy 2010 from snowy Germany! :)

I'm using RA to parse command line arguments in some processing
pipeline of mine -- so pretty much all I do is to
all RA.begin() early on to initialize the argument variables.

However, recently I got this error message at the very end of the
pipeline:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at edu.stanford.cs.ra.RA$4.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:
636)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in
progress

at
+java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:
57)
at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:
209)
at edu.stanford.cs.ra.util.IOUtils.<clinit>(Unknown
Source)
... 2 more

Has anyone seem something similar before? I don't quite understand
what's going on. Why would RA call an initializer when shutting down?
Or am I misinterpreting something?

Happy for any suggestions,

Sebastian

Daniel Ramage

Jan 14, 2010, 7:26:27 PM1/14/10
to research...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sebastian,

I just pushed a bug fix in RA 0.1.16:

http://www.stanford.edu/~dramage/ra/ra-0.1.16.zip

Please let me know if you still have trouble.

dan