Can websites change blocking lists?

Peter Benkel

Jul 18, 2017, 4:52:44 AM7/18/17
to RequestPolicy discussion
Hello!

On www.spiegel.de, I blocked every request. In the list of blocked requests, there is a site named 'adition.com'. When I reload the page www.spiegel.de, there are some f*** ads displayed. Looking into the RequestPolicy menu, I see that 'adition.com' is still in the list of blocked request, but also in the list of allowed requests. Right-clicking 'adition.com' in the list of allowed requests has no effect.

Workaround:
When I right-click 'adition.com' in the list of blocked requests, I can unblock it. After that, I can right-click 'adition.com' in the list of allowed requests, and block it. The ads disappear. But after the next reload of www.spiegel.de, 'adition.com' will again be part of both lists, and the ads will be displayed again.

Is this a known behaviour of RequestPolicy? Or does this f*** site try to tamper with my blocking list?

I would be glad to find an answer.

Greets, Peter

Martin Kimmerle

Jul 19, 2017, 1:33:11 AM7/19/17
to requestpol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

which RP version are you using? I cannot reproduce your issue on RPC
1.0.beta12.4. If you're using RPC 1.x, please report your issue here:

https://github.com/RequestPolicyContinued/requestpolicy/issues

Regards
Martin