What does requestb.in display?

Hadley Wickham

Mar 28, 2012, 7:17:12 PM3/28/12
to reque...@googlegroups.com
It would be useful to have a list - does it show cookies? remember cookies? show http authentication?

Thanks!

Hadley

Jeff Lindsay

Mar 28, 2012, 9:09:45 PM3/28/12
to reque...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean a list? It doesn't remember cookies (usually the client is the one who remembers cookies). But all the HTTP headers (cookies, auth, etc) are listed if you click Header to the top right for each request.

-jeff
--
Jeff Lindsay
http://progrium.com

Hadley Wickham

Apr 1, 2012, 6:27:47 PM4/1/12
to reque...@googlegroups.com
I think I was just having a dense moment about how various http
features work. But I think authentication headers are only sent to
the server if needed, so I don't think you can currently use
requestb.in to see what's going on.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/

Jeff Lindsay

Apr 1, 2012, 6:48:04 PM4/1/12
to reque...@googlegroups.com
They sent if you send them. The server can say it needs them, but you can always send authentication details in the headers, which would show up in the bin.

-jeff