Using for LifeSignal + Invoking Trigers

Yaniv G

Jan 16, 2013, 3:02:55 AM1/16/13
to reque...@googlegroups.com
Hi.
Great initiative.
Many thanks to the developers.

I'd like to use requestbin as a lifesignal service for my servers: my servers calls the requestbin url every 30 mins; when it is down, I can see the last time it was active.

Feature request: triggering system:
* Send me an email when no call has been received for the last 30 minutes.
* Send me an email when a call has been received with a specific text.
Can save me some code, but more than that - saves me the maintenance of a polling process on a server.

What do you think?
Do you know any tool online I can use for that?
Thanks!
Yaniv.

Jeff Lindsay

Jan 16, 2013, 11:23:24 AM1/16/13
to reque...@googlegroups.com
We've talked about that exact thing, but it would start bloating the scope of RequestBin. It would make sense as a separate service that either watches RequestBin or accepts requests itself.

In fact, you could use Skywatch with RequestBin to accomplish this.
--
Jeff Lindsay
http://progrium.com