Looking for a RepRap builders group in Genesee county.

Adam Tucker

Nov 29, 2012, 5:18:15 AM11/29/12
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I am beyond a newbie to the 3D printing/prototyping field, but it looks like an amazing outlet for my creativity.  I'm looking to find a small group in the Genesee county area that wouldn't mind me joining in so I can learn more about this. For demonstrations and such even though I don't have my own machine yet, I would be more than willing to bring media to use in demonstrations. It would be awesome to actually participate in the replication of one of these RepRaps such as the Prusa.  Anywho, hope to hear from someone soon.  Laters!

Dean Piper

Nov 29, 2012, 6:50:05 AM11/29/12
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
If you want to drive to Grand Rapids we are getting ready to do a build of a Prusa. There is a small group of folks setting up a makerspace as we speak and the first thing on the list is a 3D printer, which I will be helping facilitate. I have a few of them now so it shouldn't be too hard or take too long to get them up and running. It is located in Jenison about 10 min outside GR. If you would be interested just let me know and I can point you to the Google Group and you can start taking part in the discussions.

-Dean