Need help finishing (calibrating) my Prusa In SE MI

bringjustn

Dec 30, 2012, 10:48:49 PM12/30/12
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking see if someone might be able give me a hand finishing my printer that I have been frustrated with for a few months now, I don't want to give up but it is getting close.

What I have done so far is:
  • build a V2 LInear Prusa from the makerfarm kit with the printrboard
  • level off the heat bed
  • check to see everything is working and moves in the right direction in pronterface
  • checked that the hot end and heat bed work

What I need help with:
  • calibrating the printer in the arduino (for what ever reason this is frustrating me and the how to's aren't helping)
  • getting the extruder and hot end to work right. It heats up to temperature and will pull in a little bit of my ABS filament and extrude it out. but then it will bind up and the hobbed bolt digs into the filament. From what I have read it might be a speed issue, but not sure.
  • And if I get those two worked out I want help with how to do a small test print.

I live in Woodhaven, so anywhere in SE Mich I can meet up with (sure we could strike up some fun conversations at a panera, brewery, or someplace with a printer).

I don't think I really need much to get me up and running, but right now I just can't get over the small hurdle of calibration and would really like to have someone in person give me a hand.

Thank you and have a Happy and Safe New year

Justin

Dan Grauwickel

Jan 4, 2013, 1:03:40 AM1/4/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

I can help you out..

Shoot me an email @ dgrau...@gmail.com... I am in SE mich as well and have built 30+ machines..

Mark Kimsal

Jan 4, 2013, 10:13:55 AM1/4/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I have built one machine, really close to woodhaven.  Would like to tag-along and watch Dan help if it's not too much trouble.  metrofindings @ gmail  thanks.

Devin McPherson

Jan 5, 2013, 11:11:07 AM1/5/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,
I will be at i3Detroit for most of the day. If you would like help bring
your machine and ask for Devin.

On 12-12-30 10:48 PM, bringjustn wrote:
> I'm looking see if someone might be able give me a hand finishing my
> printer that I have been frustrated with for a few months now, I don't
> want to give up but it is getting close.
>
> What I have done so far is:
>
> * build a V2 LInear Prusa from themakerfarm kit
> <http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/3d-printer-kits/v2-linear-prusa-kit-deluxe.html> with
> the printrboard
> * level off the heat bed
> * check to see everything is working and moves in the right direction
> in pronterface
> * checked that the hot end and heat bed work
>

> What I need help with:
>
> * calibrating the printer in the arduino (for what ever reason this is
> frustrating me and the how to's aren't helping)
> * getting the extruder and hot end to work right. It heats up to
> temperature and will pull in a little bit of my ABS filament and
> extrude it out. but then it will bind up and the hobbed bolt digs
> into the filament. From what I have read it might be a speed issue,
> but not sure.
> * And if I get those two worked out I want help with how to do a small
> test print.
>

> I live in Woodhaven, so anywhere in SE Mich I can meet up with (sure we
> could strike up some fun conversations at a panera, brewery, or
> someplace with a printer).
>
> I don't think I really need much to get me up and running, but right now
> I just can't get over the small hurdle of calibration and would really
> like to have someone in person give me a hand.
>
> Thank you and have a Happy and Safe New year
>
> Justin

bringjustn

Jan 7, 2013, 11:27:55 AM1/7/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the offer Devin, and I would have took you up on the offer, but I was busy Saturday with FIRST Robotics 2013 season kickoff (I'm a mentor for  a school in Monroe) and recommend if anyone reading this has time and a local team to look into helping out (sorry shameless plug ;o) )

Eric Busch

Jan 9, 2013, 2:51:31 PM1/9/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I'm also finishing up a Prusa and could benefit from some hands on assistance in getting the thing calibrated properly. I'm in Midtown Detroit, but can travel a fair amount if needed.

Thanks,

Eric Busch

Devin McPherson

Jan 10, 2013, 7:36:24 AM1/10/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at i3 all day Saturday. If you can bring your machine I'll help,
also if you will need your firmware since a lot of the adjusting is done
there as well.

-=[Devin]=-

On 13-01-09 02:51 PM, Eric Busch wrote:
> I'm also finishing up a Prusa and could benefit from some hands on
> assistance in getting the thing calibrated properly. I'm in Midtown
> Detroit, but can travel a fair amount if needed.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Eric Busch
>
> On Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:48:49 PM UTC-5, bringjustn wrote:
>
> I'm looking see if someone might be able give me a hand finishing my
> printer that I have been frustrated with for a few months now, I
> don't want to give up but it is getting close.
>
> What I have done so far is:
>
> * build a V2 LInear Prusa from themakerfarm kit
> <http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/3d-printer-kits/v2-linear-prusa-kit-deluxe.html> with
> the printrboard
> * level off the heat bed
> * check to see everything is working and moves in the right
> direction in pronterface
> * checked that the hot end and heat bed work
>

> What I need help with:
>
> * calibrating the printer in the arduino (for what ever reason
> this is frustrating me and the how to's aren't helping)
> * getting the extruder and hot end to work right. It heats up to
> temperature and will pull in a little bit of my ABS filament and
> extrude it out. but then it will bind up and the hobbed bolt
> digs into the filament. From what I have read it might be a
> speed issue, but not sure.
> * And if I get those two worked out I want help with how to do a
> small test print.
>

> I live in Woodhaven, so anywhere in SE Mich I can meet up with (sure
> we could strike up some fun conversations at a panera, brewery, or
> someplace with a printer).
>
> I don't think I really need much to get me up and running, but right
> now I just can't get over the small hurdle of calibration and would
> really like to have someone in person give me a hand.
>
> Thank you and have a Happy and Safe New year
>
> Justin
>
> --
> Groups "reprap-michigan" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reprap-michigan/-/kBVgyovkYZ8J.

Sean W.

May 14, 2013, 11:10:05 AM5/14/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever get your V2 Linear Prusa calibrated? I bought and assembled the same kit from makerfarm and I'm having the same exact problems. Let me know what worked for you.

kwixson

May 14, 2013, 12:05:55 PM5/14/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
If you don't get help over there soon we will be hosting a 3D Weekend event with a hardware track, May 31-Jun 2. Experts will be on hand to help build, calibrate and troubleshoot 3D printers. I don't have the event posted yet, but stay tuned to this group for an announcement in the next few days

Eric Busch

May 14, 2013, 5:06:39 PM5/14/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

Where is this 3d weekend located?

On May 14, 2013 12:05 PM, "kwixson" <kevin...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you don't get help over there soon we will be hosting a 3D Weekend event with a hardware track, May 31-Jun 2. Experts will be on hand to help build, calibrate and troubleshoot 3D printers. I don't have the event posted yet, but stay tuned to this group for an announcement in the next few days

kwixson

May 15, 2013, 2:45:10 AM5/15/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Kalamazoo Air Zoo
Kalamazoo, MI
May 31st-June 2
Starting at 5:00 pm Friday

Devin McPherson

May 16, 2013, 7:34:46 AM5/16/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I will be at i3Detroit this Saturday, If you bring you printer I should
be able to help.

-=[Devin]=-

Sean W.

May 20, 2013, 7:33:29 AM5/20/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. Is there an admission fee?

Sean W.

May 22, 2013, 10:47:20 AM5/22/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I plan on attending June 1st. Excited to finally get my Prusa tuned! What time does the hardware track start on Saturday?

kwixson

May 24, 2013, 2:24:45 PM5/24/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on being there at 9:00 am. Come on by!

Here's the link to the event, by the way:

-Kevin

Heiselt, Conan

May 31, 2013, 9:03:08 AM5/31/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
This is something I can bring my currently non-functioning, having-serious-jittery-issues Prusa to and get some help with, right?

It's been out of commission for about a year and I can't seem to narrow down the problem.

Conan.

kwixson

May 31, 2013, 10:28:24 AM5/31/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Yep! That's the idea, in addition to the software classes we'll be attempting. Come on over. :)

-Kevin