Invitation to Speak at Penguicon 2013

Richard Herrell

Jan 22, 2013, 11:47:14 PM1/22/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com, Slovik, Sarah
Reprap-Michigan,

You're cordially invited to speak regarding your club activities, including the reprap open source 3D printer, at Penguicon 2013, either as a group, or if you would like to conduct individual talks, please contact me. Demos are highly recommended.

If you're interested, please send a title, abstract for one or more 55 minute presentations, and let us know if you will need a projector, or perhaps an open space. We will schedule the talk during:

Penguicon 2013
April 26-28, 2013
Marriott Centerpoint
Pontiac, MI

Thank you!
Sincerely,

Richard Herrell
Science Track
Penguicon 2013

Randy Schott

Jan 23, 2013, 12:11:27 AM1/23/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Well, I haven't actually been to a MI RepRap meeting or met any of you except Tim Schmidt (he's on the board of a group I'm involved in).

However, I've lugged my Prusa around to a few maker events and enjoyed telling people about RepRap, how it works, and why it's cool.  I might be interested in presenting on the subject, or at least helping someone else present.

I've also never been to Penguicon, so I'm not sure about the vibe of the conference.  But if demoing can be part of the presentation, or if the presentation can be more informal, that makes the job a lot easier.

Anybody else thinking about doing this?  Any of you live anywhere near Lansing?

Randy

Ben Johnson

Jan 23, 2013, 9:51:09 AM1/23/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't worry about the formality of the presentation. There will probably be a bunch of really interested people regardless. It seems like the last time 3d printing was presented, there were a lot of questions too.

Penguicon is one of my favorites.  I'm already planning on going, and I'd help with a presentation.

I'm in Muskegon.

Phil Frost

Jan 23, 2013, 9:57:00 AM1/23/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
On 01/23/2013 12:11 AM, Randy Schott wrote:
> I've also never been to Penguicon, so I'm not sure about the vibe of the
> conference.

Last time I went, there was a presentation on bedroom toys to spice up a
relationship. There will be not a small number of people in leather
corsets, and maybe some leashes. So yeah, it's not very formal, and it's
more important that your presentation is cool than academic. The
informality and lack of focus is a defining feature of the conference,
for better or worse.

Richard Herrell

Mar 8, 2013, 11:33:27 PM3/8/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm not sure of the level of interest, but if you'd like to give a presentation, please fill out the following form as soon as possible:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGJYNDVFSG14N0hqRGNleU9QYzZCOHc6MQ

Sincerely,

Richard Herrell