3DR RepRap Delta printer

Yaacov Finkelman

Oct 6, 2013, 12:27:41 PM10/6/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

who here reeds http://richrap.blogspot.com/ ? I've been really inspired by the clarity and thoroughness of his instructions for his new printer. anyone working on a printer based on his design? I would love too, but I'm not confident enough to self source yet. do you know of anyone selling a kit? if not, does someone want to put one together?

happy printing,

Jacob

B Gray

Oct 6, 2013, 2:23:11 PM10/6/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
his blog is great
I am about to build a delta and might go his route but I am still unsure
I have 2 laser cut frames and printed parts for a mini rostock. I also have 20 500mm misumi 2020 extrusions that were going to go into 2 taz printer builds but I am only going to build one taz and multiple deltas. His extrusions were 600mm I believe but I'll just adjust the height in software. I really like his build. I have 2 sets of traxxas ball joints and have also bought all the gear I need to do the magnetic ball joint mod. I can't decide which route I am going but I am going to print out his base as using the extrusion will give more strength vs the rostock mini design.
One area I am still unsure of is my bowden setup. This will be my first one. Those damn push fitting are close to impossible to find locally. Think I found the right part from mcmaster but won't know til I have it.

good luck
bryan

Devin McPherson

Oct 8, 2013, 7:49:39 AM10/8/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I've got a lot of experience with repraps and have a delta-printer 95%
done, I'm down to making the firmware behave.
I'd be glad to get involved if you wanted to meet on Saturdays.

-=[Devin]=-

Yaacov Finkelman

Oct 9, 2013, 1:00:06 PM10/9/13
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Love to hear about your progress. Do let me know how things are going.

I'd enjoy seeing your setups in person. I'm in the Southfield area. In
general Saturdays only work for me in the evenings, Sundays are more
flexible.

Happy printing!

Jacob