3der's by me

Qual Tun

Mar 22, 2014, 10:57:21 PM3/22/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Just getting into 3d printing
getting a printrbot simple, than going for the johnSL simple 3dr
anyone close to southgate?
It would be great to meet some 3der's close by.

Qual Tun

Mar 29, 2014, 5:42:20 AM3/29/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
after a week and only 4 views and no reply, i have to assume there are no peeps around me, or this group is dead

David McMillan

Apr 1, 2014, 12:22:59 PM4/1/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

Certainly seems that way.  I would suggest trying the i3Detroit mailing list.  If you stop in at i3 on an open lab night, you'll probably find some people interested.

On Mar 29, 2014 5:42 AM, "Qual Tun" <qual...@gmail.com> wrote:
after a week and only 4 views and no reply, i have to assume there are no peeps around me, or this group is dead

Qual Tun

Apr 1, 2014, 5:50:02 PM4/1/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
thx David

Daniel

Jun 25, 2014, 3:16:07 PM6/25/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com

What do you need help with? I am in canton and have built many Prusa’s.. If you need something let me know!

Jun 25, 2014, 4:47:35 PM6/25/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

Have we met yet?  Canton is pretty close to me.

Qual Tun,

I'm in Ypsilanti, and built a prusa-alike (from kit - seemecnc h1.1) which I break out occasionally for ABS printing.

I know there are a few people in the Ann Arbor area that have 3D printers, and Maker Works has one for people to use.  Not too many people building their own, but there was a small group of A2 folks meeting regularly in the early days of reprap.

My latest print was a replacement piece for my lawnmower:

Also went to the SME trade show Rapid 2014 at cobo which was all about rapid prototyping.  There are apparently companies using 3D plastic printing not just for prototyping, but for production parts.  I took a few pictures on the show floor which might interest you:

I don't have much time for tinkering, but the last thing I thought would be interesting to pursue was a real-time optical filament profile sensor:
Line sensor I'm using:
Single axis:
Dual axis:

If you don't have a geek show-n-tell group near you, you're welcome to come to GoTech on the second tuesday of each month at maker works at 7pm. Lots of variety, not much about 3D printing, but there are several people in the group that have 3D printers and everyone enjoys talking about them. http://maker-works.com/

-Adam

Qual Tun

Jun 27, 2014, 2:42:51 AM6/27/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Dan,
I don't have any specific problems, I am looking for people close by to share their 3d experience.
i have a printrbot simple, been having a blast (til i got some crappy green filament)

Adam,
Have you been to AHA (all hands active) its a maker/hacker space in ann arbor

Do you guys ever make any money from your 3d printing, or use makexyz, a few extra bucks would be very helpful towards building an MK

Devin

Jun 27, 2014, 7:40:58 AM6/27/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I'm currently running a Prusa Air that I laser cut at i3Detroit. The I've still got lots of leftover parts from my last Prusa.

I'm still trying to get my Rostock running but I've been to busy with other projects.

If you interested in a nice meeting place for Reprappers you might consider i3Detroit in Ferndale. I've been a member there for years and they have great resources and a delta 3D printer.

Qual Tun

Jun 28, 2014, 9:27:34 AM6/28/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I grew up in Ferndale!
its too bad the membership is 45$ month, and no guest passes

Devin

Jul 1, 2014, 7:36:47 AM7/1/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
Who told you there were no guests allowed at i3? We have an open visitor night on every Friday and if you make friends with a member online you can come as their guest for free.

-=[Devin]=-

On 14-06-28 09:27 AM, Qual Tun wrote:
I grew up in Ferndale!
its too bad the membership is 45$ month, and no guest passes

Adam Davis

Jul 1, 2014, 10:58:49 AM7/1/14
to reprap-...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been to AHA but I'm on the mailing list.

I've designed, made and sold parts twice.  Not a lot of money in it for me.

-Adam