Re: [reprap-michigan] Digest for reprap-michigan@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Road Runner

Mar 19, 2014, 7:35:58 AM3/19/14
to Bob and Anne Koehl, Digest Recipients
Bob -

FYI - at the bottom of the page is a link to a Michigan reprap 3-D printer Google group.

Ken
Sent from my Princess Phone

On Mar 18, 2014, at 7:18 PM, reprap-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/reprap-michigan/topics

    Reef Morse <reef...@gmail.com> Mar 18 01:02PM -0700

    Hi. I'm new to this group but I've helped the 6-8th graders in my school
    build a MendelMax 1.5+ (which works like a charm) and I'm in the process of
    gathering parts for a cOssel delta printer.

    Does anyone in the group have experience with building a cOssel?
    Particulary, I'm interested in which hot ends could be used.

    I'll post progress to this thread.

    Tim Schmidt <timsc...@gmail.com> Mar 18 04:19PM -0400

    > Does anyone in the group have experience with building a cOssel?
    > Particulary, I'm interested in which hot ends could be used.

    > I'll post progress to this thread.

    Most of the Kossel variants are using jheads. They're cheap and
    light, and can handle a variety of filament types. Lansing Makers
    Network's had a really great experience with the magma hotend for
    printing VERY fast with ABS, but it only does ABS.

    If you get a j-head, buy it from hotends.com, or a reseller that gets
    their stock from hotends. Some of the chinese versions on ebay are of
    spotty quality.

    LMN's got a Rostock, a Kossel Mini in the mail, and a Wolfstock under
    construction. We've run into most of the problems you can run into :)
    Calibration is particularly fun on delta machines. Ask away if you
    run into any problems.

    --tim