NSURLErrorDomain error -1100 on High Sierra Machines after Sec Update 2020-005

fkick

Oct 5, 2020, 4:45:01 PM10/5/20
to reposado
Hi All,

Today I started noticing some of my High Sierra machines throwing NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.

Not all of my machines are showing the error, and the machines that are showing the error are able to view the catalogs via a webrowser.

After doing some digging, it seems to only be affecting machines that have installed Security Update 2020-005 on High Sierra. Mojave and Catalina systems aren't affected and High Sierra stations that haven't installed the update are still showing updates as available.

Anyone else having issues?

fkick

Oct 5, 2020, 5:07:16 PM10/5/20
to reposado
Quick update,

It looks like it may be a corrupted production catalog for 10.13 machines?

I reset one of the machines throwing the NSURLError to "https://domain.com/index.sucatalog" and it was able to pull updates. However, when the machine is set to "https://domain.com/index_production.sucatalog" I get the NSURLError.

Running a new repo_sync doesn't appear to correct the issue. Should I delete the 10.3 catalogs and try again?