Mojave

104 visningar

Jim Cody

oläst,
8 apr. 2019 02:02:052019-04-08
till reposado
I have been running reposado for 4-5 years as an http site for my 400 clients spread across our school district all pointing at our reposado site. I just started playing around with Mac Mojave and it looks like it needs an https reposado site for updates. Can I setup apache to run https at the same reposado files as http serves?

I know when I ran "repoutil --configure" I set it as http, not https. Would this make a difference if I am serving out files as https?

Can I have both 10.10-10.13 clients pointed at http and 10.14 and beyond pointed at https on the same machine?

Only in the last year have we started to use Munki, so not all clients can be easily changed to point at the reposado https site which is why I want to run both.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jim

Gregory Neagle

oläst,
8 apr. 2019 10:00:582019-04-08
till repo...@googlegroups.com
You can certainly serve the sucatalogs via both http and https -- IOW, yes, it is possible to have Apache serve the same files via http and https.

But the catalogs list URLs for the files that make up products: packages, metadata, etc. These URLs will be either http or https, and those URLs start with the LocalCatalogURLBase.

So I think you are in for some testing: Can you set up https, leave http also working, then change the LocalCatalogURLBase to be an https URL, and then do clients still using the http URL still _work_? I don't know the answer to that. I think it will work, but you'll need to test for yourself.

-Greg
Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra