A server with the specified hostname could not be found.

Matthew Gromer

May 23, 2019, 3:06:20 PM5/23/19
to reposado
I’ve got reposado set up, and I can navigate to `https://domain.edu/content/catalogs/index_test.sucatalog` in my browser and it’ll download `index_test.sucatalog`, which seems to be correct. But if I run `sudo softwareupdate --set-catalog https://domain.edu/content/catalogs/index_test.sucatalog` and then follow up with `sudo softwareupdate --verbose -l`, the only thing I get out of it is `A server with the specified hostname could not be found.` Which seems odd, as I’m able to grab the catalog from the server, no problem. Am I missing something?

Gregory Neagle

May 23, 2019, 4:47:40 PM5/23/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
(if the discussion in MacAdmins Slack leads you to a resolution, please update this topic here as well)

Matthew Gromer

May 24, 2019, 9:26:55 AM5/24/19
to reposado
The solution was a very simple one. I was running reposado out of docker (thanks to Sphen for his excellent all-in-one reposado/margarita image). For some reason, the LOCALCATALOGURLBASE environment variable wasn't staying updated when I rebuilt it, which caused the issue. After fixing that and re-syncing, it worked!